Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Yay for Shredded Wheat going from 1.5 to 2 (although I used to have two anyway not making mess trying to break them into two equal parts)
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone hope you have all had a good week on S/W

Shala I have lost 1lb sorry it's not red and bold hope you don't miss it.

So, for today this will be my menu ....E E day.

Breakfast.. weetabix A/B strawberries blueberries, raspberries.

Lunch.. ham and egg salad. Beetroot salad cream 2 Syns

Dinner.. Braised steak gravy 2 Syns Yorkshire Pud 3 Syns carrots g/ beans

Extra. 2 Rivita 3 Syns, 2 crackerbread 2 Syns. Clementine x2
    12 Syns.
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,664 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I forgot to check in last week - I got my 1/2 stone award and I was slimmer of the week :-) happy girly

This week though has been shocking. I have been so stressed that my eating has kind of been forgotten about and I have been focusing on my son.

I took him to the doctors for a check up on a lump on his neck and came out with blood tests, chest x-rays and a referral to the paediatric department so this week I have stress eaten and Ill be honest I am dreading Tuesday when I weigh in. We were lucky to get his bloods and x-ray done the same day but now its been a horrid waiting game of results which I expect will come tomorrow......

Either way I get a feeling I will be + a few pounds this week unless Im very lucky
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 October 2016 at 10:52AM
    Options
    Morning all,

Sammy, I do hope the results come back ok xx

We had a bit of a discussion at class this week about exercise and weight loss, and lots of people see a drop in losses when they exercise or up the amount of exercise they are doing. Could you measure yourself instead Mary and see if you are dropping inches? It may be more motivational than the number on the scales.

How was your Fakeaway Mary? Ours was disappointing :( the Bombay potatoes were just a bit dull, although I liked the bhajis. Might try the tikka next, but I find it easier just to buy the sauce ready made :D

Popped to lid1 yesterday and they only had a bit of Xmas stuff out so I got 1 bag of gingerbread and some stollen bites. Probably for the best as I don't need to eat any of it. I did pick up the pulled beef to try tonight though, 2 syns for the pack. Hope it's nice!

Menu for today
    Brunch - baked oats or waffles
    Tea - pulled beef, bns chips, salad, corn, pickles
    Snacks - beetroot, crisps (5), melon
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rosylee wrote: »
    Disappointed with a 1lb gain. Can't understand why as been on plan and within Syns. Only thing I can think is I have had more carbs than last week

Sorry to hear lots of disappointments today, would it be more motivational to look at what you've all lost over a month time period than focus just on one week?

Our bodies are weird things, hormones and water retention play a big part in our weight results so even though we've been on plan etc it could be that we're retaining water.

Keep at it, it should show up on the scales next week xx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you get good news very soon Sammy.:)
    :T to you and wiz and duchy on your losses.

wizkid1 wrote: »
    Shala I have lost 1lb sorry it's not red and bold hope you don't miss it.

Dinner.. Braised steak gravy 2 Syns Yorkshire Pud 3 Syns carrots g/ beans

You should try the Hairy Bikers braised steak wiz, it makes fabulous gravy and it's free. We're having it tonight.:drool:

The HM pork burgers we had last night were delicious and very mse as the mince came YS from Sainsbury's.:)

I'm one who got to target with almost no exercise. I rarely snack unless I need have dinner very early when I might have something before bed. Otherwise it's just a tiny bit of chocolate with a cuppa in the evening but as I don't have puddings I can live with that.

DH has eaten all his stollen bites from Lidl shala and now starting on the Aldi ones. Taste testing of course.;)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage, HEA milk
    L: JP with veggie chilli and cottage cheese (switched from yesterday)
    D: HB steaks (with onions and mushrooms), SW roast potatoes and parsnips, cauli, broccoli, carrots, red cabbage
    Syns: weekend wine and maybe ginger chocolate.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Maman just what is the H B braised steak and gravy ?

:D:D:D :cool: Thanks
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    +1 this week :(
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    It's just a blip Tweets
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Maman just what is the H B braised steak and gravy ?

:D:D:D :cool: Thanks
    I can't do links on my phone but if you Google Hairy Bikers' Braised Steak you'll find the recipe. The recipe says have it with chips and that's delicious but it works just as well with potatoes and veg. It only has one teaspoon of cornflour and as it's a recipe for 4 then any syns are negligible. You can freeze it but I just use 2 steaks and have lashings of gravy. I use beef medallions from Aldi but any braising steak will work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure