We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Soft diet ideas

2

Comments

  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    What about smoothies?
    Add fruit and greens and almond milk and blitz.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I know this is soup, but in the warm weather would gazpacho be a welcomed change?

    Could you snack on hummus and cream cheese? Admittedly I'd jump at the excuse to eat it with a spoon...imagine it's not for everyone.

    Tinned spaghetti basically disintegrates on your tongue.

    As a student (and occasionally now!) I'd microwave a bowl of mushy peas liberally seasoned with salt/pepper/chilli.

    Could you make yourself a babyfood style compote with fruit...actually...could you even try baby food? Just to get something in you!

    Hope you feel better soon SW x
  • atolaas
    atolaas Posts: 1,143
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mashed banana and really soggy rice crispies are my comfort food. Hope you feel better soon :-)
    SPC7 ~ Member#390 ~ £432.45 declared :j
    Re-joined SW 9 Feb 2015 1 stone lost so far

    Her Serene Highness the Princess Atolaas of the Alphabetty Thread as appointed by Queen Upsidedown Bear
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    So far today I have eaten little and often as suggested, thanks JIL.

    I had the scrambled egg, then had a cup of lentil soup, then half a packet of noodles left from yesterday and I just had a 1/3 tin of custard with a 1/3 tin of peaches pureed. The peaches were lovely and they cheap as well at Lidl, I think I'll keep buying them.
    I'm up to almost 700 calories and I'll have a few spoonful of ice cream before trying to swallow tablets later. Better than yesterday but still not great.
    Thank you for all the suggestions and well wishes :A
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,691
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 August 2016 at 8:06PM
    Pâte is another soft food that hasn't been mentioned. Also avocados.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    OH just bought me a banana to mush up, we don't normally eat a lot of fruit mainly veg so he has had to shop to get some.

    I had not even thought about pate, I have some liver and bacon in the freezer, if I feel up to cooking tomorrow I'll make some- great idea and will help get my iron back up.

    I have everything in to make hummus as well and I really don't mind digging in with a spoon :rotfl:
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I second the suggestion someone made about "anything liquidised". When I had a family member in the same situation as you I even liquidised an entire roast dinner. Apparently it was very tasty!

    x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Weetabix (supermarket generic) wth loads of hot milk. Delicious and comforting :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

    "No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

    Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Thinking back to what my Mum made for me after I had my tonsils out - the Northern Ireland standby of champ, made with scallions (spring onions) with potatoes and milk. You would need to cook the scallions in the milk first, then I usually cheat and use instant mash unless there are potatoes ready cooked. Serve with a hollow on the top and some butter to melt in!
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    I made a cottage pie for dinner tonight and I took myself a few tablespoons of the mince and veg mix out and blended it until it looks like it has no lumps, popped it in a ramekin with a few spoonfuls of mash and a pinch of cheese on top. I'll see how I get on with that.

    I'm managing to drink a full cup of tea today :)
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.