Transfer Stocks and Shares isa to new platform

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
1 reply 965 views
enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Board Guide
12.3K Posts
Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Just an enquiry to those of you who have moved platforms in the past as to the procedure. I at present hold Vanguard Lifestrategy 60 equity fund units via Cavendish online who use the Fidelity Investments network to deal. I have requested Halifax Share dealing to transfer all my holdings by using the online form to transfer Stocks and Shares ISAs. There are several years of ISAs in there.

I have informed both Fidelity and Cavendish of this and Halifax have already been in touch with Fidelity and got a valuation. As I wish to stick with the same fund will Fidelity have to sell my units and then transfer to Halifax who then buy them or can they just be registered through the new platform. On the transfer form I advised Halifax I wished to keep the VGLS60.

I cannot find anything about how an S and S isa is transferred and whether this is straightforward.
Early retired in December 2017

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals