Transfer Stocks and Shares isa to new platform

enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Ambassador
13.3K Posts
Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
Ambassador
Just an enquiry to those of you who have moved platforms in the past as to the procedure. I at present hold Vanguard Lifestrategy 60 equity fund units via Cavendish online who use the Fidelity Investments network to deal. I have requested Halifax Share dealing to transfer all my holdings by using the online form to transfer Stocks and Shares ISAs. There are several years of ISAs in there.

I have informed both Fidelity and Cavendish of this and Halifax have already been in touch with Fidelity and got a valuation. As I wish to stick with the same fund will Fidelity have to sell my units and then transfer to Halifax who then buy them or can they just be registered through the new platform. On the transfer form I advised Halifax I wished to keep the VGLS60.

I cannot find anything about how an S and S isa is transferred and whether this is straightforward.
Early retired in December 2017. Debt counsellor for a High Street bank in a previous life.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Save £12k in 2022 challenge #36 £6800/£12,000 July 2022

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides