Hand luggage question

Options
Can anyone tell me if this would be ok please.

I have a bag that measures 55cm x 40cm x20cm but at the wheels it measures wider than 20cm .
The airline site states bags need to be no more than 55 x 40 x 20 would i get away with this bag ?

Comments

• leylandsunaddict
    Options
    No one can tell you that. If they ask you to put is in the measuring cage and it won't fit then you will have a problem. The dimensions airlines give include wheels and handles.
  • Alice_Walker
    Options
    Stick to the stated size or risk a fee to put it in the hold.

I used to take an oversize bag, but realised it was far better for my anxiety levels to go within the size. I never got stopped but have seen plenty get charged, especially at overseas airports.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Stick to the stated size or risk a fee to put it in the hold.
    This is the bottom line. They are often not checking but nobody can say there's no risk.

I once saw a guy breaking off his wheels at Schiphol to avoid the fee..!
    Evolution, not revolution
  • newtothis141414
    Options
    Normally you have to include the entire length including wheels. But some airlines don't check too closely, and even within the same airlines it depends on the purser in charge. I flew on Ryanair and they never measured my bag (which I thought was fine) on the outbound flight. On the inbound flight there was a lady with a tape! Mine just about scraped through. Others weren't as lucky and had to pay a hefty fee.:eek:
  • SW17
    SW17 Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Which airline? Ryanair sizers are slightly larger than their stated dimensions, so unless the wheels are massive, you'd probably be ok with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure