Norwegian flight delay - Help!

Options
Hello,

I have placed a delayed flight claim into Norwegian, who have since declined any compensation. I'm not sure which governing body I should be writing to in order to dispute Norwegian's response, or if I do actually have a right to dispute?

- The flight departure was delayed by 4hours 47minutes, from Poland to the UK.

- I wrote to Norwegian and used the recommended template letter.

- Norwegian finally responded with:

Unfortunately, this flight had a total delay of 4 hours and 47 minutes due to a technical reason and airport facilities on a previous departure. The technical delay was on this occasion less than 3 hours. These were a combination of extraordinary and technical circumstances, which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.

Although we respect your request for compensation, we’re unable to honour your claim as your flight was delayed due to extraordinary circumstances. This is in accordance with the European Court of Justice verdict C-549/07 Wallentin-Hermann.

I'm not sure if this is final, true, and if not who and how to challenge?

Do I simply accept this answer?

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gjonm wrote: »
    Do I simply accept this answer?

Not unless you want to.

Read Vauban's Guide .... sounds like you have a valid claim.

Technical = ordinary circumstance.
    Previous flight = not your problem.
  • Coley25
    Options
    Good luck my claim was turned down with them I used bott & co who got me a result, but be warned they do take quite a chunk
  • castra
    castra Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2016 at 10:06AM
    Options
    How late was the flight arrival in the UK? That is the relevant trigger point. Flight stats will tell you the exact timing. Its free to register with them.

Norwegian are dreadful. That response is a pile of bull ! They love to quote the C-549/07 Wallentin-Hermann case which if you look close enough, the case was in favour of the plaintiff. The Van Der Lans case ruling which Norwegian conveniently forget is always relevant to quote back at Norwegian. ;) I would put them on notice that you intend to hand the case over to lawyers without further notification or correspondence within seven days unless they settle in full. (they won't)

You most certainly have a case. Another shout for Bott & Co who I found excellent. However, I would suggest their fee's were quite reasonable compared to others. Around 25% plus a 20 euro admin fee I believe? I would highly recommend them.

In my dealing with Norwegian, it went all the way to court (somewhere in Cheshire I believe) After playing hardball for so long, Norwegian were a no show in court. Thus on top of my claim, they had to cough up for Bott & Co's expenses.

Absolutely go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport