We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

If I empty my Help To Buy ISA can I use it again?

Hello

I have £1500 in my Help to buy ISA, but I need the money for something else. If I take it out, can I fill the ISA up again at some point? Thanks

Comments

  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 30,741 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Yes, but only subject to the £200 monthly limit.

    If you want to make use of the initial £1000 lump sum deposit, you would need to start again with a new account. This is possible if you close your existing HTB ISA and 'self-transfer' to a new one. You can do that once in the same tax year, or you can wait until the next tax year and start again.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.