Options

Comments

• robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 August 2016 at 3:31PM
    Options
    Yes

I have rights to. Ops basically trying to do me and my family out of a living

You're really not. 2 mins checking your posting history shows you are either a manic wind-up or not really fit for posting on a grown up forum. I would urge people to report this posting above.

PS OP please let us know how it goes (or a full transcript). I wonder if a distant aunt died or the dog ate his homework
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A good result - they turned up an hour early, did a solid day's work, so now the door is fitted, the small window bricked up and the lintel replaced. Big jobs still include the electrics and the replacement roof. I put the fear of God up the boss and we agreed a day-by-day plan to finish the work, allowing for possible changes if needed. So we're back on track to be finished some time next week.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • FrankRizzo
    Options
    In what way did you put the fear of God in him? Only reason I ask is because I'm not very good handling these type of situations.
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    FrankRizzo wrote: »
    In what way did you put the fear of God in him? Only reason I ask is because I'm not very good handling these type of situations.

taken3.jpg

Edit - nice username, jerky boys are hillarious!
  • Tiglath
    Options

Told him I'd compiled a file of day-to-day activities and correspondence since he started the job and that it would form the basis of our legal case if he didn't get himself sorted out and finish the work. Pointed out he'd not turned up for 8 appointments in 2 weeks, so he could see I was keeping tabs. A woman with a list is a fearsome thing ;)

Work has resumed but the quality isn't good and some of it needs to be redone, so DH is having another showdown with the boss tomorrow morning. The new main worker is an arrogant swine rushing to finish the job instead of listening to instructions. Boss reckons he's bringing 6 guys tomorrow to do the roof and everything else - I don't believe it but then I'll be at work anyway.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hopefully your oh can watch them like a hawk.
    Perhaps any future instructions need to be written down and signed to say they are read .
  • Tiglath
    Options
    Work has ceased again. The sparky isn't available till 2pm Friday, so no work this week. All kicking off again on Monday; the arrogant useless tiler/grouter has been sacked, and the boss is going to finish off the internals himself (including redoing all the rubbish stuff) and do the new roof which is his speciality. At least he phoned to discuss with DH, I guess. If I posted a pic here of the arrogant guy's attempt to fit an extractor fan, you'd all die laughing.
  • Tiglath
    Options
    The boss was due to come round today for a summit meeting to find a way forward but phoned to say he wasn't coming because he's babysitting. When DH said we're starting legal action then, he said 'Whatever.' Allegedly he's going to phone tomorrow but I don't think he will.
  • FrankRizzo
    Options
    That is terrible. When you hired this company were they recommended?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When you hired this company were they recommended?
    The answer is in the first post of this thread:
    Tiglath wrote: »
    We found him through Checkatrade and he and his company did a great job on the first job they did for us in June,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure