PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Are you getting enough?

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all , been awol due to internet issues..
    Most days ok
    Yesterday (sun)banana grapes and 2 bowls of home made vegtable and lentil soup So 2 f 4 v
    Today odd day , grapes banana and some potato,carrot,turnip cheese mash with peas ...
    plus a cheese sandwich and crisps ..hey ho :D
    £223/ £250 GC
  • splishsplash
    splishsplash Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Split pea soup for lunch (2) followed by an orange (1); chicken and courgette satay with spicy peanut sauce over mash with carrots and broccoli (3).

I also made a batch of pork chops with croutons, apple, celery, sultana and walnut stuffing and had one of those too... I'll call it one portion of fruit (apples/sultanas).

Yesterday's totals: 5:2
    I'm an adult and I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and I wish someone would take this power from me.
    -Mike Primavera
  • burtha
    Options
    Spicy peanut sauce , sounds good ... how do you make ? Please :D
    £223/ £250 GC
  • splishsplash
    Options
    Veg soup (2) for lunch yesterday, pork chops, mash, carrots, parsnips, broccoli(3) and mounds of stuffing (2). I say stuffing, it's really topping though!
    Yesterday's totals: 5:2.
    I'm an adult and I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and I wish someone would take this power from me.
    -Mike Primavera
  • splishsplash
    Options
    burtha wrote: »
    Spicy peanut sauce , sounds good ... how do you make ? Please :D

Every so often, I make a batch of
    1: sugarfree ketchup
    2: thai red curry paste) and freeze in 1 tbsp blocks in baby dinner containers; substituting a splash of maple syrup for the sugar

I then use this spicy peanut sauce recipe.
    -Mike Primavera
  • kkffoo
    kkffoo Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been reading this thread and joining in, but not been able to post so far!
    I make my own fruit and nut porridge mix and couldn't wok out the portion sizes as I didn't know how long it took me to get through the box.
    So I left a note to myself when I started, and today was able to weigh up and divide ingredients.
    Result was worse than expected, only 7g of dried fruit in each bowl.
    I don't want to add any more as it will be too sweet, so having a think.
    Target £80 per week groceries, household and cleaning for four adults.
  • burtha
    Options
    Hi all,
    Doing ok on the fruit per day , managed to have a banana , grapes, satsuma ,pear or apple each day
    Bit hit and miss with the veg , ..
    Yesterday was good , nice home made morocan stew thing , aubergine,tomato,peppers,lentils,mushrooms,sweetcorn,cinnamon,nutmeg, servedwith a poached egg ... very nice ...
    So about 6 veg ...
    Plus a few handfulls do spinach through the day ..
    £223/ £250 GC
  • splishsplash
    edited 16 December 2016 at 9:09AM
    Options
    I thought of this thread yesterday when I heard the food pyramid is changing to reflect more up to date trends and needs.

Food_pyramid_transp_landscape_640.gif?ext=.gif
    -Mike Primavera
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    Normally happy with my fruit/veg intake, but have spent the last couple of days travelling - so, airline food, too much coffee, snacking, and meals out. I start to crave salads - this evening I put together a salad of grated carrot and beetroot (raw) with lemon juice, baby sweet corn, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and lettuce. No dressing apart from the lemon juice. Feel so much better - less bloated, more awake.

I didn't use all the tomatoes or the cucumber, so will be grazing on that tomorrow.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure