22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Surveyor is coming tomorrow afternoon to measure up the windows that the salesman measured in order to give the quote.

Something, finally, is happening!!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    You mean project manager, machine driver (car), skilled at multitasking, multi function machine operator and highly honed at diagnostic analysis (why doesn't the effing washing machine work), attention to detail and top numeracy skills plus self motivated, self starter and proficient in first aid and survival techniques. .... aka 'a housewife and mother'[/QUOTE

Don't think he could afford me :rotfl:
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Grrr ! DH has come home whinging about it being cold (I turn the heating off in April and back on in October) so we have compromised, he has the heating on for one hour tonight (on low) so the pump does not seize and we are calling it 'testing the system'.
    Double glazing going in on Tuesday now, they have had a customer reschedule so I got bumped forward - good job too if DH is going to be a princess about the heating.
    The week after, Himself is off to a conference in Holland for four days, and then camping with his mates for three days, so I will be single parenting for a week.

Been mad busy cleaning and tidying and sorting drawers, more cupboards, and I have managed to get all the way through the house, from the top floor down, via the living room and the back room via the cupboard under the stairs to the kitchen door. All the accumulated 'stuff with no home' or the cds, dvds, games, without boxes, etc, is now piled up in the kitchen.
    All the metal shelving except one, has been taken down and stuck in the downstairs bathroom, and now that everything is in one place, I can get on with the serious business of sorting, clearing, rejecting, charity boxing, or recycling at the tip.

It is still a big job, but I feel like I am starting to make a dent in it.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear,

F-i-L has injured himself, and has to go to the doctors 3 x a week.
    M-i-L has to drive him. It is an hour each way. She has turned very nasty very quickly. She is having to do it all as they live in a field at a turn in the road in the middle of nowhere. With the exception of a stamping foot and a wail of 'IT'S NOT FAIR!!!' it is a full on toddler tantrum. I have been telling them for years they would be totally stuck if either of them ever had any mobility issues. I just got dirty looks and they are both in denial that they are aging.

Keeping well out of this one, it is between them, and their kids, and their expectations of them.

I already got blasted that the kids were not showing enough concern about their grandad.

What am I supposed to do? Whip them up into a frenzy he is about to pop his clogs? Pull them out of school and rush over to play Florence so she does not have to? Honestly!

Mad as a box of frogs
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Did you check out the signature?? Did you notice???

Sub £110K !!!!!!:j:j:j:j:j
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    After the double glazing, I will make an overpayment, once I really, properly, know,how much money I have left in the bank.

Oooh, all this waiting is a killer, but a couple of times this year I have overpaid first and 'struggled' - well, not really struggled but left myself short and had to rob a bit out of the savings account and repaid it the next month - But I need a proper emergency fund. And a new shower....
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You're doing really well - I haven't managed ANY overpayments as i'm keeping all the money back for doing the work on the house (which is nowhere near finished!).

You don't want to know how big my mortgage is... or how much there is left to do!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    You're doing really well - I haven't managed ANY overpayments as i'm keeping all the money back for doing the work on the house (which is nowhere near finished!).

You don't want to know how big my mortgage is... or how much there is left to do!

Same here, we'd hoped to have been overpaying our large (understatement) but not unusual for the area millstone by now but our account is doing a fantastic impression of a leaky sieve and has been since we moved 15mths ago :o:eek:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• f0xh0les
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »

Oh go on, I've shown you mine! :rotfl:

I think me paying the daily interest (about £180 pm) so all DH's 'proper' payment actually makes a dent in the amount is the only way I am going to be able to do it.
    Tonight I Just applied for a christmas casual post at the post office sorting office. Might turn into something, might not. Even if I only did weekends it would be an extra £150.00 a week....will keep you posted.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Oh go on, I've shown you mine! :rotfl:

I think me paying the daily interest (about £180 pm) so all DH's 'proper' payment actually makes a dent in the amount is the only way I am going to be able to do it.
    Tonight I Just applied for a christmas casual post at the post office sorting office. Might turn into something, might not. Even if I only did weekends it would be an extra £150.00 a week....will keep you posted.

Pun intended? :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family