We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
taxed on my tesco turnaround shares
lotsontop
Posts: 1 Newbie
I was awarded 219 Tesco turnaround bonus shares worth £350 on 23 may 2016. I decided to hold them hoping that they would go up in value, rather than take the money straight away.
I was then sent a letter confirming all the details only to find they have deducted 71 shares totaling £113. This deduction is apparently for tax and NIC which is estimated on my taxable income for year 2015/2016.
My tax allowance is £11,000 I don't earn anywhere near that. So my question is why have I had this £113 deducted??
Can I claim it back??
It seems that if I had taken the bonus immediately I would of received all the £350. I cannot understand how I have lost this £113.
I would be very very grateful if someone could shed any light on this problem as it is really troubling me.
I was then sent a letter confirming all the details only to find they have deducted 71 shares totaling £113. This deduction is apparently for tax and NIC which is estimated on my taxable income for year 2015/2016.
My tax allowance is £11,000 I don't earn anywhere near that. So my question is why have I had this £113 deducted??
Can I claim it back??
It seems that if I had taken the bonus immediately I would of received all the £350. I cannot understand how I have lost this £113.
I would be very very grateful if someone could shed any light on this problem as it is really troubling me.
0
Comments
-
http://www.verylittlehelps.com/dloads/UK%20Turnaround%20Bonus%20booklet.pdf
Go to ourtesco.com? (Employee site?)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards