🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    lots of people getting excited over loo roll over on FB!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • LeeRits
    LeeRits Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    My cousin posted this to win an Xbox One X.

"I would love this as Ive just lost my disability benefits and gaming really helps my memory and handeye coordination hope you find it in your heart to pick me"

I had to resist the urge to walk around to his house and slap him :rotfl: especially as it clearly stated "Winner will be selected at random". Mainly because 1. he's not disabled and 2. he has an xbox one anyway!!
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options

"I would love this as Ive just lost my disability benefits and gaming really helps my memory and handeye coordination hope you find it in your heart to pick me"

I had to resist the urge to walk around to his house and slap him :rotfl: especially as it clearly stated "Winner will be selected at random". Mainly because 1. he's not disabled and 2. he has an xbox one anyway!!

:mad: Please call him out on the comp thread, or report his post via pm to the competition holders & try to get him disqualified.

Lying about a disability & losing benefits (esp to try and rig a competition to win something they don't need) is sick.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    Spotted some confused tweeters thinking c&ping the original tweet in a reply counts as retweeting.

+ over on fb someones got a bit confused.

"#DaniloDisneyComp Wow - what a brilliant prize <smileyw/hearteyes> There is something for everyone in the family in this bundle - simply perfect! Im happily liking & sharing with my friends to see and enter too.<heart> We would love a real bed (as we are currently on single camp beds!), so Im keeping my fingers tightly crossed & thanking you for the chance as its very much appreciated. <lucky clover><smiley face>"

- prize for a bundle of Disney calendars & merch, doesn't include a bed!
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I’d post a photo of him with his Xbox and say ‘Yeah, you are right, you have memory problems. Maybe this pic will help you find it’.
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Skilos
    Skilos Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 7 November 2017 at 7:40PM
    Options
    Blueyez wrote: »
    lots of people getting excited over loo roll over on FB!

The 'Married in Michigan' mum will probably say she needs to stock up on loo roll for when her son and his wife come to stay.
  • Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Skilos wrote: »
    The 'Married in Michigan' mum will probably say she needs to stock up on loo roll for when her son and his wife come to stay.

The husband won something for her for their wedding anniversary today.
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a little warning that Twitter has now introduced the 280 character limit.
    It might start getting a bit busier on here....... ;)
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • pate-ci0
    pate-ci0 Posts: 2,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lordy, lordy me, here's a beauty:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5741868

To be in with a chance of winning this beautiful Crafter's Companion UK Cute Christmas card making hamper, all you need to do is: If you could only receive one gift this Christmas, what would it be? (I suppose they were asking for it....)

"Our three little foster children to have their first proper Christmas would be a gift to us, seeing their faces on Xmas morning..."

"...I've survived sepsis 4 times so there is nothing I need but my one gift would be for all the homeless people to have a family to go too on Xmas day to spend laughing an having a jolly nice time..."

"My dad has just been diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer, and his treatment will be very painful..."

"...we have all had a horrible year with two cancers two suspected cancers and a heart problem..."

"I'd love for my aunt to fight her tumour long enough to see the birth of her grandchild due in December..."

And that's just in the first dozen posts that I can see. Don't have the stomach to carry on reading.
    Mine beats the lot, BTW...
  • pate-ci0 wrote: »
    Mine beats the lot, BTW...

Ha ha :rotfl:

It definitely does :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income