Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• wonderwallet
    Options
    Oh sweet, holy baby Jesus. :A

Well the good news is that the winner was someone who just named/tagged a friend as instructed, and they made no comment on the sob story posts :j
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well the good news is that the winner was someone who just named/tagged a friend as instructed, and they made no comment on the sob story posts :j

Quite right too.
    I think at lot of these companies are catching on to the sob story culture now. Glad that someone won who did as requested.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    Just spotted on a fb post for a fanzine that regularly gives away cds etc to subscribers & promotes them on fb to encourage sign ups. (prize was Beach Boys boxset).

"Feel free to randomly select me."

"OMG I WANT IT!!!! Please pick me, I've never won, been subbed for a few months now"

"WOW! What an exceptional honor that would be to win that one? I would love to have it! <+ sucking up about how great the mag is>"

"I had all The Beach Boys cd till I lost everything in a fire. The box set would go a long way to help me enjoy the music again."

The over excited OMG fan was the one 'randomly picked':think:
    (was meant to be from everyone who subscribed or were subscribed during a set time period not from fb comments)

then this happened:
    zine "Congratulations <name> you have been selected to receive The Beach Boys six disc Made In California box set!!#TheBeachBoys
    winner "OMG I WON?!?!?!?!"
    random person: "Yay, <name>!!!! I know you are excited.
    winner "I TOTALLY AM!!!!"
    :rotfl:
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    seen a few to many pictures of peoples feet :(
    2018 wins-12wins
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saw someone complaining in a FB compers group the other day how 'dishearting' she found it that 'companies don't seem to read what we're writing any more, they just pick randoms who don't put any effort in their comments'

YESSSSSS!
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • dontone
    edited 3 November 2017 at 4:29PM
    Options
    hdh74 wrote: »
    Saw someone complaining in a FB compers group the other day how 'dishearting' she found it that 'companies don't seem to read what we're writing any more, they just pick randoms who don't put any effort in their comments'

YESSSSSS!

Yay!! That's the whole point of 'random' DUH!!!! There is no need for all the sob story stuff. Especially when it is clearly stated that it's 'random'
    I hope I come across that one........ Getting tired of those who think that they are the only ones who should win on FB. Some of them win more than their fair share on there, and have the cheek to whine when they don't win. Wait till they start whining about the adverts like one of them did the other year. Disgraceful attitude to have imo. No wonder some of us do get a bit disheartened when the same names keep popping up and they act like this. Grumble over lol.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Seen on a FB comp for a potty training kit and cuddly toys:

"wow what an amazing & generous prize..#win.....loved liked dreamed and share with my best chums ......i would be over the moon & be thrilled to bits to win.........fingers tightly crossed......... thank you for the chance & good luck to you all x.."

Like, calm down love!!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today has been a drama filled B*tchy kind of day in facebook Comping land. I started in 2009 and everyone was so lovely and friendly but lately I get this huge feeling the "new generation" Comper feels so god damn entitled! :eek:

Yeah, I shouldn't mind that lots of new people have joined the comping world - it makes it harder to win but they have just as much right to enjoy the hobby as anyone who has done it for longer. But I really dislike the way the whole attitude towards it has changed with a lot of the new influx. There's just such an air of greed and desperation around and it's so irritating to see.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • dontone
    Options
    Funny, I have seen that exact one this time last year from one person with 5 accounts :rotfl: and noticed they have all become active again recently so wonder if it's the same person! :rotfl:

Today has been a drama filled B*tchy kind of day in facebook Comping land. I started in 2009 and everyone was so lovely and friendly but lately I get this huge feeling the "new generation" Comper feels so god damn entitled! :eek:

TBH, I don't see much of it on FB as I'm only a member of a couple of winners groups. Like I have mentioned before, the best/worst one I saw was a couple of years ago where someone who does very well complained about people who 'weren't compers' were doing the advents and were winning all the prizes and regular compers weren't. Even DH was a bit put out by that, because even he understands that anybody who enters has/should have the same chance as everybody else to win something. Why should they have the monopoly on it?
    TBH, I got a little bit miffed last night during that Freeview comp where the same names came up during it. And DH, came into the room and said 'what's up? has one of those who wins all the time won?' And I just went 'yep!!'
    Even he wants to know how come some folk win all the time on there. I can't give him and answer, but what I do know is that the sense of entitlement & complaining when they have no reason to is rather uncalled for.
    Be Lucky

• Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 November 2017 at 10:11PM
    Options
    Saw this on fb to win a candle:

My friend
    deserves a Xmas kiss. Katie's baby boy died in January and she is expecting his rainbow sister this month.

So disgusting.
    Thank you all who post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family