Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Such an copy and paste link for competitions! I had to restrain myself from posting my own...

vicky_pollard.jpg?itok=mJUrl9Fp

It always makes me laugh this piccy 'cos I'm convinced that Little Britain used my cousin as inspiration for the Vicky Pollard character. Mainly 'cos my cousin used to have the same hair, trackie top, and a few kids :eek::eek:. Right down to the fact that me and me Mam used to hide if we saw her in Town. :rotfl: It didn't work though, she always found us :eek:
    Embarrassing really. The old adage is true - you can pick your friends....etc,etc.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Von Trap relative maybe?

article-1324610-0BCF0A57000005DC-45_634x347.jpg
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • JesElis
    JesElis Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    When you see the same cut and paste comments complete with the same spelling error used for every competition its a tad eye rolling, but its amusing when you see someone on the 'win a years supply of toilet paper' comp say "Exciitng Such lovely prize to offer" (sic), for loo rolls! Useful maybe, but exciting? :o I'm also wondering if the person that posts she has 'dreamed' of winning every prize has omitted that bit for the loo roll comp... unless of course she does actually dream of winning toilet paper.... _pale_ which might be slightly disturbing :rotfl: Ah well, nowt so queer as folk, as they say ;)
  • dontone
    Options
    JesElis wrote: »
    When you see the same cut and paste comments complete with the same spelling error used for every competition its a tad eye rolling, but its amusing when you see someone on the 'win a years supply of toilet paper' comp say "Exciitng Such lovely prize to offer" (sic), for loo rolls! Useful maybe, but exciting? :oI'm also wondering if the person that posts she has 'dreamed' of winning every prize has omitted that bit for the loo roll comp... unless of course she does actually dream of winning toilet paper.... _pale_ which might be slightly disturbing :rotfl: Ah well, nowt so queer as folk, as they say ;)

I doubt it. She used the same wording to win things like soup (but she also posted that it was a big birthday too) Until some people called her on it :rotfl: Copy & paste is such a useful (and annoying) tool to have :rotfl:
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A lot of it's not copy and paste. It's text shortcuts on phones. Can set it so that type two letters writes a full paragraph for you. I use it instead of auto fill so dg does my name, dge my email etc
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,585 Forumite
    Options
    When you see the same cut and paste comments complete with the same spelling error used for every competition its a tad eye rolling, but its amusing when you see someone on the 'win a years supply of toilet paper' comp say "Exciitng Such lovely prize to offer" (sic), for loo rolls! Useful maybe, but exciting? :o I'm also wondering if the person that posts she has 'dreamed' of winning every prize has omitted that bit for the loo roll comp... unless of course she does actually dream of winning toilet paper.... _pale_ which might be slightly disturbing :rotfl: Ah well, nowt so queer as folk, as they say ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    Options

I once won a year's supply of loo roll and tbh it was a nightmare as they sent the whole lot in one go so I store most of the rolls in the loft! :eek: PS It is not me who is cutting and pasting the text described in the above posts!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • dontone
    edited 5 July 2017 at 8:41AM
    Options
    ikkle87 wrote: »
    A lot of it's not copy and paste. It's text shortcuts on phones. Can set it so that type two letters writes a full paragraph for you. I use it instead of auto fill so dg does my name, dge my email etc

That's me lost. When it comes to phones, I can make/take calls, do a bit of texting & photos. And that's me done.*
    * I now have Facebook. I am only about 8 years behind now :rotfl:
    Be Lucky

EDIT -p.s, surely some of those phones have auto correct? I have to admit had seeing 'Wot a lovely prize....' instead of it spelt 'What' makes me cringe.
    That's all, carry on ;)

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2017 at 7:18PM
    Options
    The mum of 7 has struck again! Direct cosmetics FB for some Viktor & Rolf perfume- it literally says for a chance to win comment " love flowerbomb"
    2018 wins-12wins
  • dontone
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    I once won a year's supply of loo roll and tbh it was a nightmare as they sent the whole lot in one go so I store most of the rolls in the loft! :eek: PS It is not me who is cutting and pasting the text described in the above posts!

I won a years supply and they sent me a load of vouchers. I wouldn't have minded, but you always get one person at the supermarket till who scrutinises money off vouchers and holds everything and everybody up.
    It's not a bad win though is it? Considering the price of bog rolls. It's just the comments and lengths that people will go to to win some. I'm astounded that no-one has posted a picture of them sat on the lav............. I've given someone ideas now, haven't I? :rotfl::eek::rotfl::eek:
    Be Lucky

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport