We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,033 Forumite
    Third Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    hdh74 wrote: »
    Keep seeing a lady mention that she is a mum of 7 in her comp spiel. Can't knock her if she can find the time to comp as well!

It would seem she cannot stop being "knocked".
  • Juzza12
    Juzza12 Posts: 814 Forumite
    Name Dropper Part of the Furniture First Post
    Keep seeing a lady mention that she is a mum of 7 in her comp spiel. Can't knock her if she can find the time to comp as well!

I'd just come on here to post about that :D

You don't deserve to win just because you've knocked out more kids than the average. Really don't understand how you'd even find the time to comp.
  • Abominus
    Abominus Posts: 221 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Heh, i was thinking the same thing the other day. That picture of her 7 kids will be forever burned into my retinas soon. It's EVERYWHERE, stalking me.

Maybe i need to get the missus to pop out a few sprogs, might improve my win rate.
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,863 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Name Dropper 10 Posts
    She keeps saying, 'this mum of 7 deserves a few treats' - me reckons she already had em...
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • This has always been a tongue in cheek thread but I've just seen my first reference to the tragedy in Manchester to win a FB competition and in all honesty its knocked me sick.
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,863 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Name Dropper 10 Posts
    This has always been a tongue in cheek thread but I've just seen my first reference to the tragedy in Manchester to win a FB competition and in all honesty its knocked me sick.

speechless :(
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    This has always been a tongue in cheek thread but I've just seen my first reference to the tragedy in Manchester to win a FB competition and in all honesty its knocked me sick.

oh my, I want to say that I'm shocked, but in another way I'm not really surprised.
    I don't know what comp it is, but I hope at least one person takes whoever it is to task. Disgraceful.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Photogenic Name Dropper

:( sick! :(
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite

I saw one about Tuesday/Wednesday saying if she won, she'd give the prize to a women she knows who is the mother of one of the victims. Followed by the usual comments by people "you should win!" "If I win, I will donate the prize to you!" "XXX company give this person the prize!"

I can't remember which comp it was.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    She keeps saying, 'this mum of 7 deserves a few treats' - me reckons she already had em...

Just seen this lady on Twitter. Kitchen roll would be a treat apparently (or words to that effect)
    At least it isn't a sob story - still can't get over people using Monday's events to try and 'gain' an advantage.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.