Beware Pro-rider

Just in case any of you folks are thinking of ordering from Pro-rider in Nottingham (especially on-line), I would like to share my experience with you.

On Friday 29th July, I attempted to place an order on line. All went fine until after I had put in all my card details, whereby a warning came up asking if I wanted to proceed as it was an 'insecure' site. I pressed NO.

I am not awfully computer literate so I rang the Northampton number, explained what had happened, and she put the order through for me.

On checking my account on Monday, I saw that I had been debited TWICE, so rang again, and explained I though that the order had been duplicated. 'No problem' I was told 'we'll do a refund'.

Batteries arrived Tues, so I relaxed to wait for my refund.

Then today another set of batteries arrived!

Rang up to be told that I must return AT MY EXPENSE' to get a refund and that it was all my fault.

Just a warning folks. If THEY !!!! up, YOU PAY! :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• speak to whoever issued your card
  • ab1982
    ab1982 Posts: 431 Forumite
    You can try a chargeback but credit card companies have a habit of siding with retailer as it sounds like you have made two genuine transactions.

You may have some leverage if you explain about the "not secure" warning. It sounds like they are taking payments over an unencrypted website. Visa and Mastercard take a very dim view of this and have been fining retailers for taking payments in this way, this may help with refund.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure