TV AD driving me mad

Options
2»

Comments

• KingS6
    KingS6 Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    The Ribena advert with the "zibidoo" tune.
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The cracker advert with the bridesmaids singing urge p's me right off I have to turn it over it I think it's their mouths
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just a quick look at the ad on Youtube and it look a couple of listens before I got it.

https://youtu.be/QW0Y1cHpocM

Second shaun from Africa
    But, won't I have to wait for mine to go in for repair?
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the radio ad that annoys me is the Toyota Yaris where it sound like a woman is trying on dresses.

"Who's the designer?"

"Yar ee"

"It costs £159 per month"

"I'll take two"

Please BBC, put live broadcasts back on Radio 2 after 3am.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Lord_Baltimore
    Options
    warby68 wrote: »
    Not as annoying as that revolting twerking man in high heels :)

I especially dislike that one too. Along with the 'face-off' dance he has with the roly-poly. Come to think of it, I have no idea what the ad is for so it fails me on all levels.
    Mornië utulië
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    It's all about hooking your attention by any means possible, so they go for the whining toddler approach and just grind you down.

As for adverts with sirens, maybe it's not the right station to listen to at work, or alternatively write to the station telling them it causes issues at work and that you are going to go to a competitor. Finally, how about the ASA who have policies about adverts causing distress, maybe?
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The one that really grates on me almost to the point I want to put out a !!!!! contract is Clive Anderson making silly little quips on the sponser adverts for Come Dine With Me at every single bloody commercial break for Bertolli and Carte D'or, so much so that I will never ever buy those crappy products, nor will my children, nor their children...
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• barnaclebill
    Options
    Thanks for the replies that relate to my original post, "don't I have to wait till mines in" is possible but to me it still sounds like "my screen"
    I was hoping a few more of you thought that's what it sounds like, if not it must be my old ears.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure