TV AD driving me mad

Ok I know it's a small thing but the TV Ad for direct line with Winston Wolf character in the car accident episode with the hen party in it is driving me mad, it's the point where the woman say's " but don't I have to wait for MY SCREEN for a repair and he say's "not with direct line".
What is MY SCREEN or am I now suffering from a hearing defect, my wife also thinks it's my screen that is said

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 31 July 2016 at 9:27AM
    I've just a quick look at the ad on Youtube and it look a couple of listens before I got it.
    "Won't I have to wait for mine to go in for repair?"

https://youtu.be/QW0Y1cHpocM
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just watched the Bbc, they don't have annoying adverts.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • SailorSam wrote: »
    Just watched the Bbc, they don't have annoying adverts.
    Don't they! They plug their self ingratiating charities and magazines down our neck.

Scrap the Regressive TV Tax
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    The one that gets me is the (radio) ad for McDonalds breakfast wraps ... the one where the guy describes the contents incorrectly and has to correct himself. (wap - wrap; eccon - egg and bacon)

At the end he says "with ketsup or brown sauce" and doesn't give any correction. !!!!!! is ketsup? We're in the UK not the USA! It's ketchup!
  • oldhand
    oldhand Posts: 3,748
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I thought she was saying "Dont I have to wait until MINES IN" before getting a car. Harvey Kietel whos playing Winston Wolf is still making money from that character he played in Pulp Fiction in 1994....
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Radio adverts are my current annoyance. Why are they allowed to have sirens (similar to emergency vehicles) or satnav instructions as part of the advert? Both are very distracting: I can ignore the latter so long, but the former starts me glancing in my mirrors looking to see if I need to manouvre out of the way.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Is it less annoying for you Bill, now you know she's saying "But won't i have to wait for mine to in for repair"?
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,872
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    oldhand wrote: »
    I thought she was saying "Dont I have to wait until MINES IN" before getting a car. Harvey Kietel whos playing Winston Wolf is still making money from that character he played in Pulp Fiction in 1994....

In fact he was then reprising the cleaner, Victor, he played in the fiim "Point of No Return" from 1993.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,017
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not as annoying as that revolting twerking man in high heels :)
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    The ads that annoy me are the ones where any kind of finance is involved,eg. credit for car purchase.

These ads obviously need to comply with financial regulations and they have to read out their T & Cs. The speed in which they do this is so quick I defy anyone to fully understand them.

Also regarding the BBC one of their "ads" for TV Licencing , the one where a couple meet and rapidly plan their future and then call it off really winds me up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure