BT online order problems

adonis10
adonis10 Posts: 1,810
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 30 July 2016 at 9:53AM in Broadband & internet access
Placed an order for tv, phone and broadband- order accepted but told that phone line needs to be installed first and the rest automatically added afterwards. Phone line installed 15 days later (clever trick, BT, arranging appointments on the day after the cooling off period ends. Very clever, unsure how the regulators allow this), all installed fine but then told that only phone was ordered, put through to phone sales team to order. All fine. However told by quidco that this has now broken the link and cash back not possible. Advised to cancel and re-order online. Cancelled and tried to order online through quidco link and then get the message that the order can't be placed online. I am furious as now left with a phone line which is totally pointless and can't cancel as you conveniently do it outside of the cooling off period.

Complete shambles. Any advice would be appreciated.

PS: before anyone suggests the online chat support, I've tried it 3/4 times and it's utterly useless. Answers ranging from "there is no order for this in your name" to "you can still get quidco cash back when ordering on the phone" (totally incorrect) to "it isn't working because your browser isn't Internet explorer". Load of garbage. Who trains these people?

Comments

• adonis10
    Forumite
    This is the error I get:

2rp366h.png

Obviously not willing to call and order as this breaks the quidco link.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If you are a BT customer (OP is confusing ) then use your BT Members help page community forum or contact us .
  • adonis10
    Forumite
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    If you are a BT customer (OP is confusing ) then use your BT Members help page community forum or contact us .

Sorry, my anger got the better of me and op not has coherent as I'd have liked.

Yes, am now a BT customer for phone only due to these issues. I've tried the members community forum - they directed me to the utterly useless live help chat, and the contact us is just as useless.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Welocome to the strange world of BT , actually had them tell me they were building a new task for broadband installation while I was on the phone , when I checked there was no live order and back to square one . Never worked out if I was lied to or there's inherent faults in the BT system that does it
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • adonis10
    Forumite
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Welocome to the strange world of BT , actually had them tell me they were building a new task for broadband installation while I was on the phone , when I checked there was no live order and back to square one . Never worked out if I was lied to or there's inherent faults in the BT system that does it

I think there are serious inherent problems with the systems. Their online chat advisors give different information to telephone advisors and the "track your order" section of mybt shows different information to what the advisors say.

For a company that size, it is utterly pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure