IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PRoof of leaving the site

I am just about understanding what to do about the "leaving the site". But what proof do they have. Was someone watching the driver get out the car and follow them until they leave? If this is so isn't it illegal or stalking?

It is a wicks ticket by G24 A 20 second interlude taking the back and the front. So what proof have they got that the driver left the car?

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Deevee66 wrote: »
    I am just about understanding what to do about the "leaving the site". But what proof do they have. Was someone watching the driver get out the car and follow them until they leave? If this is so isn't it illegal or stalking?

It is a wicks ticket by G24 A 20 second interlude taking the back and the front. So what proof have they got that the driver left the car?

What proof indeed, It's G24 again ..... so can they prove it, pictures etc .... very much doubt it so your job is to get proof of their claim and only G24 can do that for you
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,031 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If they watched you do something that is forbidden and then charge you for it it's entrapment, a real uphill struggle for them.
  • dazster
    dazster Posts: 502 Forumite
    So what did Wickes say when you complained to them?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    The parking weasel has a duty to mitigate any loss which your non compliance might cause his/her employers. He could be summoned to court and questioned about such actions and what instructions he had received from them.

As Fisherjim says, this could be embarrassing for the PPC.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Dee5412
    Dee5412 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Thanks. I am deevee66 the original poster but always have trouble logging in

Anyway wicks say they can do nothing about it. So I have appealed to G24 (On email) and it has been rejected. So I am now writing to them but was wondering whether I should add "please provide the proof the driver left the site and how this proof was obtained". Or would thus be irrelevant
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Dee5412 wrote: »
    Thanks. I am deevee66 the original poster but always have trouble logging in

Anyway wicks say they can do nothing about it. So I have appealed to G24 (On email) and it has been rejected. So I am now writing to them but was wondering whether I should add "please provide the proof the driver left the site and how this proof was obtained". Or would thus be irrelevant

They won't answer it! Why are you writing to them after your appeal has been rejected?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Dee5412
    Dee5412 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    They won't answer it! Why are you writing to them after your appeal has been rejected?

Cos I thought that's what I had to do
  • Umkomaas
    Dee5412 wrote: »
    Cos I thought that's what I had to do

Have you formally appealed to G24 and have they formally rejected it?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    But what proof do they have.

The DVLA say about this from PPC Audit Feb 2016
    ... when asked to provide evidence to show the owner/driver left the site you provided "witness statements" from the wardens who issued the PCN's. It should be noted that [some of] these "statements" were not taken at the time of the incident and in some cases the warden was not able to clearly remember the incident.

It is therefore recommended that ***** Ltd in instances of this contravention keep a log book / record of the incident. The details recorded should include the date and time the driver was seen to leave the site, the vehicle details and if witnessed by someone other than the warden details of the person who observed the driver leave the site.

So if they want to keep on the right side of the DVLA they better have this. So if you do send a request, and G24 fail to answer it, then raise a complaint with the DVLA that G24 can provide no evidence of "reasonable cause" to have your details and quote the DVLA Auditors' stance on this.
  • Umkomaas
    Excellent advice from IamEmanresu. A new angle of attack for you Dee.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport