I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You're doing really well. The top for £2 was a bargain! Well done.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I have had a nice frugal weekend and not really spent much. I have also applied for numerous jobs , some where the hours would be perfect although not my dream job but I don’t really care about that!
    Fingers crossed I get one of them!
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I’ve not been feeling that great lately, constant headaches.

I can’t seem to have a nsd lately , we always seem to run out of milk! I have made some sales so have made extra payments on the cc. I can’t wait until dh gets paid so I can make bigger payments!

Have a lovely frugal day everyone.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I went on a lovely walk today with my little one and then popped into my friend’s house. It was nice and free!

I made another small sale that will go onto the cc. I’ve also been unexpectedly given some work for tomorrow which should bring me around £85.

After me complaining of not managing a nsd , I had one!
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I’m still suffering with headaches so I’m not sure what I’ve mentioned lately so sorry if I’m repeating myself!

Yesterday I worked longer than expected so I actually made £110 which was completely unexpected as I didn’t know I was working until the night before.
    I submitted my tax return last week and checked my bank account last night and can see a pending transaction from Hmrc refunding me £50🎉.

My son has special needs and has one to one swimming lessons which cost £25 per lesson ( I know it’s a lot but it’s to help him) anyway my husband went to pay last week and they now have a special needs rate costing £25 for a block of 4 lessons!!!! I couldn’t believe it!

Dh gets paid tomorrow so will make all payments and then update my signature.

Have a lovely frugal day.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Boo to the headaches, but everything else looks really positive.
    How is the shortfall for the increased cc payments looking now? All this overpaying and some reduction in expenses must be having a positive effect.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Boo to the headaches, but everything else looks really positive.
    How is the shortfall for the increased cc payments looking now? All this overpaying and some reduction in expenses must be having a positive effect.

I think it will def help, I need to update my spreadsheets and will work it out.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Had a nice morning with a friend but now I feel awful:( I spent £1 but that was it and have made a payment to my barclaycard from my tax refund.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Had a nice morning with a friend but now I feel awful:( I spent £1 but that was it and have made a payment to my barclaycard from my tax refund.

Why do you feel awful lovely? I think a nice morning with a £1 spend is a win for a Thursday with horrid weather.
    I know you are worried about the increase in the cc minimum payments, but you are really cracking on with reducing the debt. Have you updated your spreadsheets yet to work out the shortfall?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I feel unwell, dizzy spells , pains and generally rubbish :(

I had a quick look earlier and once I’ve made my payments tomorrow my shortfall will be approx £350 I think.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback