I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi debtaghh

I do have a diary yes but I can’t promise it’s very exciting. It’s just my way of getting feelings, achievements down instead of it all going round in my little head.

Feel free to pop over and see my never ending journey. What I will say again though is the DMP thread is a Godsend and the honest advice and support I’ve recieved is priceless. It was exactly this time last year that I was feeling just as you are. Now I’m like :p my creditors can’t have what I dont have. I’m paying it all back albeit at a much slower pace and we are living again. Nothing extravagant but living instead of surviving.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5593761

M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi debtaghh

I do have a diary yes but I can’t promise it’s very exciting. It’s just my way of getting feelings, achievements down instead of it all going round in my little head.

Feel free to pop over and see my never ending journey. What I will say again though is the DMP thread is a Godsend and the honest advice and support I’ve recieved is priceless. It was exactly this time last year that I was feeling just as you are. Now I’m like :p my creditors can’t have what I dont have. I’m paying it all back albeit at a much slower pace and we are living again. Nothing extravagant but living instead of surviving.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5593761

M

Thanks, I have subscribed and will read through it x
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    :santa2::santa2::santa2:
    Have a lovely Christmas Debtaghh - and all who follow you Xx
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you once again for people’s replies, guidance and encouragement. I feel a lot more determined and have even seen this barclaycard minimum as a blessing in disguise , I think it’s given me the wake up call I needed. I don’t want to spend money , I’m trying to keep it in my account as long as possible. Don’t get me wrong I know it’s going to be hard but I want to clear this debt and not in ten years!
  • motivated
    Options
    I may still be plodding along in 10 years debtaghh but every month that passes means my overall total decreasing. I will fight tooth and nail to bring our DFD closer but until then keep plodding, keep plugging away and you will get there :)

I also find that when it comes to spending money now I am so much more careful as opposed to using a CC I was like oh I will pay it back so bought what I wanted. :o

Merry Christmas
    M
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Good morning,

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and got completely spoilt!

I am feeling very determined with saying bye bye to this debt and starting to hopefully live my life. I have signed up to the frugal challenge, will work out budgets today. I need to meal plan as well. For this to work I can’t see as many ppl next year and think I need to stay home as much as possible, we have our holidays and breaks to look forward to so will focus on them. We also have Tesco points and restaurant gift cards so will use them at some point. I’m on a diet from today ( I’m sick of saying in the new year) I did lose over a stone at the beginning of the year and haven’t put it back on which is good. These last few days have made me realised that only I can sort my life out wheather it be weight, money, job etc. I said to dh there is no point feeling like we have been hard done by , let’s just try and change our future in a positive way!

Have a lovely frugal day.
  • motivated
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Good morning,

I am feeling very determined with saying bye bye to this debt and starting to hopefully live my life. I have signed up to the frugal challenge, will work out budgets today. I need to meal plan as well. For this to work I can’t see as many ppl next year and think I need to stay home as much as possible, we have our holidays and breaks to look forward to so will focus on them. We also have Tesco points and restaurant gift cards so will use them at some point. I’m on a diet from today ( I’m sick of saying in the new year) I did lose over a stone at the beginning of the year and haven’t put it back on which is good. These last few days have made me realised that only I can sort my life out wheather it be weight, money, job etc. I said to dh there is no point feeling like we have been hard done by , let’s just try and change our future in a positive way!

Hi again :D
    Totally agree with what you said about looking forward not back. Look where you’re going, not where you’ve been. What’s done is done and the main thing is you’ve come to a point now where you will be dealing with it all and things can only get better.

As for the diet and weight loss :eek: I need to kick this into touch with immediate effect lol. My DD is getting married next year on the beach and at the rate I’m going I will be on the beach hiding behind a massive windbreaker :rotfl:

Have you read this inspiring post. I love it and have subscribed to it.. I read it when I start to think there’s no light at the end of my tunnel.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5575569
    X
  • debtaghh
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi again :D
    Totally agree with what you said about looking forward not back. Look where you’re going, not where you’ve been. What’s done is done and the main thing is you’ve come to a point now where you will be dealing with it all and things can only get better.

As for the diet and weight loss :eek: I need to kick this into touch with immediate effect lol. My DD is getting married next year on the beach and at the rate I’m going I will be on the beach hiding behind a massive windbreaker :rotfl:

Have you read this inspiring post. I love it and have subscribed to it.. I read it when I start to think there’s no light at the end of my tunnel.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5575569
    X

:rotfl: wind breaker

I’ll have a read , thanks for the link
  • debtaghh wrote: »
    Good morning,

Morning lovely,

What a positive post, you have some lovely goals there for the new year.

Good luck with your diet, that's part of my plan for next year. Xx
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Good luck with the debt busting, the diet and the job hunting. I hope 2018 is better for you and you get to grips with living within a budget as this is the key to all!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback