Opinions if this was a good deal with BT

Options
Hi

After coming out of my renewal i managed to get BT unlimted option 2 for £18.50 a month on a 2 year deal. I paid the £205.08 line rental for the year and am paying the £2.70 a month for evening and weekends. My broadband was £24.40 last year plus £2.26 for evening and weekend so its a saving. The customer service agent mentioned that they couldnt give me anything of the line rental for the year. Anyone think this deal is ok or should I go back and rehaggle? I did try for a free router and a few other things but with no success. All help is much appreciated.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You missed the price rise and chance to negotiate pre 3rd July .

Best to price up an alternative service then renegotiate if you can .
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 July 2016 at 9:05AM
    Options
    Other companies are offering Broadband (and now even fibre) as a heavily discounted item (sometimes free for an introductory period).

In that context, £18.50 for ADSL BB (if that's what you mean) isn't great when the price for new customers is £13. If you mean "Infinity 2" i.e. fibre, then that's a better deal, although I already pay 54% less than that for fibre with Talktalk.

I pay £17.70 line rental, £10 for 38Mbps Fibre BB and get unlimited free calls at any time/day.
  • NeillB
    NeillB Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Im going to go back and rehaggle. They never even told me about the pice rise in writing (my relative got the letter in May or thereabouts to inform them), I asked for confirmation of contract expiry dates which havent appeared and Isked for my BT email account to be reactivated which ive heard no word about. Epic fail by BT. Thaks for your help guys and gals.
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Other companies are offering Broadband (and now even fibre) as a heavily discounted item (sometimes free for an introductory period).

In that context, £18.50 for ADSL BB (if that's what you mean) isn't great when the price for new customers is £13. If you mean "Infinity 2" i.e. fibre, then that's a better deal, although I already pay 54% less than that for fibre with Talktalk.

I pay £17.70 line rental, £10 for 38Mbps Fibre BB and get unlimited free calls at any time/day.

If the OP is on Infinity 2, that is an upto 80Mb service, you presumably would have to pay TT more than £10 for that ,and the OP will get BT Sport lite for 'free', that may have a value to some
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure