Repair Galaxy or buy Refurbished iPhone 6s

Options
kah22
kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
Two question, if I may
My Galaxy speaker and mike seem to have died today. I can't receive calls ie the phone will ring but I can't hear the other person. Call someone and there is no dial tone. However, put the hands free speaker on and I can hear callers and make calls. Everything else seems normal. So the question is whether or not this is fixable and if so is it worth it. I'm thinking is this the beginning of the end for the Galaxy s4

Assuming it's not fixable, or to costly, I've been looking at a few Apple 6s on Argos eBay shop. Refurbished ones are selling at £419 as opposed to what appears to be a Price of c £539 a decent saving of £120 . So can anyone tell me if refurbished phones from Argos are phones that have really just been returned and that it's a fair bet that they are as new

Anywhere else I might pick up an Apple 6s at a decent price? That's three questions

Kevin

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Get a price to fix first .
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Also be aware that iPhones from Argos are liable to lock to the network of the first SIM inserted, that is the case with their new ones.
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had my nephew work on it a bit today. He cleaned it up and it is now working again, he had the same trouble with a Galaxy a few months back and the problem appeared to be something lodged in the speaker

Frozen_up, Thanks for letting me know about Argos and a potential lock to network issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure