Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fab news on the insurance! Night.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good afternoon, just having 5 minutes with a cup of tea (and a slice of lemon tart sssssh) why is it I don't stop when I have a few days off?

Feeling a little bit worried that lots of good things are happening at the moment that something is going to muck it all up, it's happened so many times for us over the years that we just seem to be starting to get into a good position and then it goes pear-shaped. I will enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Yesterday the kids went to the bike workshop, it was really good and they got a goodie bag too, I treated them to some lunch out and then went to the DIY store to get a drill, curtain pole and dd chose a set of 3 Star Wars pictures. I have just finished putting up the curtain pole, 2 shelves and the pictures. We have ordered her curtains through cashback site of course so they will be here in a few days. All that is left to do in her room is the carpet and need an electrician to change light switch and a socket as our electrics are funny. I will put some money into savings on Tuesday and the fund will be about half way towards amount needed for carpet.

Picked up car late yesterday afternoon, dh drove it home and it was the first time he had seen it, he really likes it. Priced up a cross bar for the top so we can put the kayak on there but that will need to be added to the list of purchases.

Received a cheque for rebate on car tax from old car so need to pay in the bank tomorrow, payout from 1poll also reached so that will hit the account soon I need to decide which pot each needs to go in. Waiting for hire company to come and collect their car, glad we had the car but also glad to see the back of it as definitely not a model we would choose.

A mountain of ironing awaits me this evening, I shall grin and bear it whilst watchinv the Olympics!

H x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    I think its normal to feel worried when things are going well. Especially if you havent had an easy life in the past. All you can do is try and enjoy the good times but plan for stormy weather too.

• hugglemonster
    Options
    Definitely need to plan for stormy weather Bob, do you think this time I can actually get so far as to pay off my debt except car and house and have a savings pot!!!! :o

Well the plans got another boost today, I received a call from complaints department of insurer who have upheld my complaint in full and are sending over £130 as compensation :T that means that with child benefit going in on Tuesday and that hitting the account next week we can actually order my dd carpet and get her room finished. I'm so chuffed!

I will then put some more on to the computer payments when 1poll clears and try and clear that whilst we make plans and start the prep for doing ds bedroom which is the next room to do. We already had the window double glazed in there but we want to take out a built in cupboard so need to get quotes for that. I think I will hold off doing the electrics for dd room until we are ready for the ones in ds room too so it makes it worth the electricians visit.

Ds has a friend to stay for a sleep over tomorrow so will be a busy day and I also plan on finally clearing out the shed.

Right need to get the washing in and chill out before picking up my parents from holiday at 9pm.

H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Debt:
    Computer £646.52 now £565.48
    Overdraft 1 £1100 no change
    Overdraft 2 £1500 no change
    Credit card £2200 min payments
    Car - not even going there at the mo! lots

Savings/to buy:
    Skip - to clear rubbish from 'The Great Big Declutterathon' not finished sorting although only 2 areas to go
    Carpet for dd bedroom ordered, should be fitted by end of the week
    Curtains and curtain pole for dd bedroom plus new drill done
    dd new school uniform as going to High School in September done
    dd and ds school shoes done
    ds birthday (August) done
    bark chippings for back garden areas not started saving yet

I thought I'd see my progress so far, not too shabby really I'm pleased with each small amount of change. We have a slight blip in that an engine warning light came on last night whilst in the car so booked in to the garage tomorrow, I can't see that it's going to be anything major and will make sure the garage incur the costs.

Dd carpet has been ordered and should be fitted by the end of the week, I can't believe it will actually be finished as we started about 2 years ago then lots of testing times :o It will be good to get all her furniture and possessions out of everyone elses room!

Ds birthday tomorrow everything wrapped and ready, a few years ago we were always so skint that we hid the fact we didn't buy a present behind him receiving gifts from others. It's brilliant that we budgeted and got what we wanted this year plus going out for dinner tomorrow evening.

I've lost my list of things that we need to buy by the end of the summer holidays but I think I've covered everything, accounts up to date until next little pay day (25th) must remember lower pay packet but no childcare to pay for.

Right got to get ready for work in a bit, working until 10pm today but a lovely shift with lovely people.

H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Wow a busy few days, where do I start!

The car was in the garage for 3 days, it turned out to be a pressure sensor and I picked it up this afternoon for no charge I'm glad it's sorted as next week I need to drive down to Cardiff for a meeting for my second job so 4 1/2 hour journey that I need a functioning car.

Dd carpet was fitted this morning, the chap lives across the road from my parents he was here at 0830 and was finished within the hour. It looks fantastic and we have put back her furniture but still need to put away some of her bits and pieces. I'd forgotten how big my room was now her furniture is out of the way.

Money is in bank from compensation, still waiting on 1poll payment to go in and just need to update accounts from last couple of days.

Ds birthday went really well, he walked straight past the massive box when he went in the kitchen for breakfast then turned round and gasped. He absolutely loves his drum kit and hugged the box and then later in the day he came up to me to say it was awesome, thank you and gave me a big hug :D

I have tidied and cleared out the shed so just a little part of the attic to do with dh over the weekend and we can look at getting the skip.

I must remember that I have some course work to do for a Coaching course, my exam and assessment is at the end of September and will come round before I know it.

All ok at the mo, when we have put back everything in dd room I can plan for ds room and can finally see progress so the house is becoming a home.

H x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Wow you have been busy! So glad DS loved his drums.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wow Huggle, you've been busy, I'm exhausted reading all that :)

Glad DS loved his drum kit and had a nice birthday.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Missing your updates lovely. Hope all is well.

• Bobarella wrote: »
    Missing your updates lovely. Hope all is well.

Likewise. Where are you? Hope you're ok? X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport