Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Everywhere I have been has an early/late check in charge if you arrive outside the designated hours.......
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow Bob you have certainly had a rollercoaster few weeks! Glad to hear you more upbeat again though. Long may it continue.

:) Thanks
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Everywhere I have been has an early/late check in charge if you arrive outside the designated hours.......

I think that's where I'm heading. I had further trouble yesterday which I can't really go into but came down to the guests being completely disrespectful of the space and the agreement we had. Splitting headache this morning from being so stressed out last night. Off again shortly for the next installment. :coffee::coffee:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Boo hiss to rude people Bob - but I'm so pleased that things are up again at the moment.
    It's a tired old clich! but I always remember that you have to experience the bad times to truly appreciate the good.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    sorry it's such hard work at the moment bob. I think you must be the most determined person I've ever met and often take my hat to you for how hard you work. Hope it comes good real soon x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Boo hiss to rude people Bob - but I'm so pleased that things are up again at the moment.
    It's a tired old clich! but I always remember that you have to experience the bad times to truly appreciate the good.

Thanks Cat you are right. I feel stronger today than yesterday.
    sorry it's such hard work at the moment bob. I think you must be the most determined person I've ever met and often take my hat to you for how hard you work. Hope it comes good real soon x

That is very kind of you. Thank you so much. :)

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Loving the more positive update Bob :D Fingers crossed for more good outcomes :beer:

I have to say I think people turning up late is becoming more and more. Lateness really really bugs me, people just don't seem concerned by it yet if I'm late I get really stressed about it! At school where I work we held a performance last week and there was still parents turning up 20 minutes into it! Its just not good enough!

Happy Monday xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bobarella
    Options
    Loving the more positive update Bob :D Fingers crossed for more good outcomes :beer:

I have to say I think people turning up late is becoming more and more. Lateness really really bugs me, people just don't seem concerned by it yet if I'm late I get really stressed about it! At school where I work we held a performance last week and there was still parents turning up 20 minutes into it! Its just not good enough!

Happy Monday xx

I think that's terrible! Mind you, I wish lateness had been the worst crime commited the other day.... Cryptic and annoying I know. :mad:

• Bobarella
    edited 11 April 2017 at 10:23AM
    Options
    Morning

Well. Things are snowballing at the moment I feel. Having started April with the worst outlook possible (for the business) & a paltry £200 in actual booked revenue, things have gone crazy.

I feel in part this is my own doing. For 3 or 4 weeks now I have put 100% in to lead generation and making connections. It's been insanely tiring but the results speak for themselves. I am humble about the fact that leads have come through kind connections putting me in touch with the right person at the right time. Big gratitude for that. But I have also pounded the pavement like a pro and things are paying off.

If it moves I'm on it :)

Yesterday I ended up doing a surprise viewing having picked up a message on social media to anyone who was interested. The work would be £250 worth of revenue and a high profile piece too. I'm 95% sure they will book.

This morning, having been online reading till after 12, I ended up having a social media conversation with a lead at 7am, who was coming to me, because of the buzz they'd heard about, and they are dead keen and I've already sent them what I can do for them.

I've been pushing hard on Instagram and follower numbers are going up nicely​ there. Which has lead to another lead which again has been in touch this morning.

I won't bore on.

I am not out of the woods by a long shot. My cash flow is still wobblier than a plate of jelly at a Mr Bobby Convention. But, I have the rent!!!! And more money coming in, so hopefully will cover the rates before the month end (even though I still don't know what they will be after the small adjustment so have to plan for the worst)

And most importantly I feel my overall idea is a success. I am getting out there to the wider world now, and it goes to show. Losing the big chunk of work was the best thing that could have happened to me, I've been in third gear for months because i didn't have THE FEAR let's see where this goes!

Bob

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's amazing new and I'm over the moon to read your update. Whilst I have no experience in running my own business, I assume a lot of it is trial an error. I keep thinking of that song 'if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself and try again' (Alliyah). Rather than giving up when we don't succeed, we should treat it as a learning experience.
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Glad to hear things are picking up Bob, well done. :j:T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure