Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day Bob. :D
    I'm pleased that you've got such a proactive frame of mind and you aren't letting it get to you too much. I really hope that all of your hard work will be rewarded with some massive, really expensive bookings.
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Bob I'm so sorry you're still feeling stressed, and that this week in particular isn't helping!

You are doing all the right things though, and I think that idea about asking for recommendations from producers is a brilliant one - it's often about who you know!

I sincerely hope things pick up for you!!
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day Bob. :D
    I'm pleased that you've got such a proactive frame of mind and you aren't letting it get to you too much. I really hope that all of your hard work will be rewarded with some massive, really expensive bookings.

Thanks Cat and to you. I hope your pair gave you a great day. I am really trying! PMA and all that. Your recommendation was amazing by the way. I am now following the person on their social media and wow, what an inspiring person they are.
    JWPopps wrote: »
    Oh Bob I'm so sorry you're still feeling stressed, and that this week in particular isn't helping!

You are doing all the right things though, and I think that idea about asking for recommendations from producers is a brilliant one - it's often about who you know!

I sincerely hope things pick up for you!!

Thank you. I appreciate it. Let's hope for the best.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Evening All

Well. First of all the good bits. I have decided to declare myself debt neutral. Not debt free. I won't claim my badge until it's really true. But I have the same amount in savings as on my card now so officially I could be DF today if it was the best option for me. I am sitting on my money for obvious reasons. But my monkey brain has been going over and over the fact I am not paying off the last of my debt so let this be a lesson to it to be quiet and accept my choice :)

The weather today was just glorious. I spent a very enjoyable time at a beautiful park with excellent play facilities for DD and she had a lovely time.

I have found another avenue for revenue for my business premises and just have to sign the forms to get it live (the company who list it take 10% of all bookings but they assure me they have a lot of enquiries for SE London) if all goes well this will hopefully open up a lot of new doors and take away some of my dead periods.

I have a booking, which came in on Sunday but has just taken another day to land properly. Not massive but it all helps.

I have had further good results in terms of asking people for recommendations from my reach out programme.

I spent around an hour today flyering again, in a different area so hopefully that will help.

One of my clients needed help today so I spent around 30 minutes doing something for them, and will do more this week.

My accountants bill is now paid for 2017.

I finally paid in the two cheques I had from closing the children's old accounts, to their new ISA provider. It involved making a special trip but is now done for a very long time!

Came in under budget for shopping in March. Our month finished today.

Plans for the week

Look at the local businesses around and see if there is any way of getting more business that way. Which of them might need overspill space etc?

Chase up rates enquiry. It has now been a week since I heard anything.

Make a decision once and for all about my big machine for sale. It needs sorting out especially now I'm underwater on cash flow.

Keep thinking of how I could work in another job around this one. Not as easy as first thought.

Right on that note I will say cheerio.

Bob

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Thanks Cat and to you. I hope your pair gave you a great day. I am really trying! PMA and all that. Your recommendation was amazing by the way. I am now following the person on their social media and wow, what an inspiring person they are.

Oh I am pleased that you like them. As I say, if you do get in touch then please mention me, and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you. They are just that amazing.
    And congratulations on being debt neutral. :j
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Debt neutral - that is really quite something.:T

Look how far you've come Bob, what an achievement!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on all the positive things you have going on Bob. :j:T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    You are being so proactive and positive Bob, I'm sure it will start to reap rewards in the form of bookings and hard cash. I hope April does the decent thing and presents you with more bookings than you know what to do with. And well done on being debt neutral!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Oh I am pleased that you like them. As I say, if you do get in touch then please mention me, and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you. They are just that amazing.
    And congratulations on being debt neutral. :j

Thank you Cat
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Debt neutral - that is really quite something.:T

Look how far you've come Bob, what an achievement!

Thanks Paws
    sashybo wrote: »
    Well done on all the positive things you have going on Bob. :j:T

Sashy thanks!

• Bobarella
    Options
    You are being so proactive and positive Bob, I'm sure it will start to reap rewards in the form of bookings and hard cash. I hope April does the decent thing and presents you with more bookings than you know what to do with. And well done on being debt neutral!

Thanks TOP I really hope so. My business account is a bit like the sun at the moment. It hurts if I stare at it for more than a moment. I am so glad things are so good for you though, your big buffer is my inspiration:T

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport