We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
is this good window job
dermonte
Posts: 159 Forumite
We are getting our kitchen windows replaced with our builder who also did our kitchen by removing 2 supporting walls and 3 not supporting walls, installed a shower room from scratch by dividing the space in kitchen. He did replace 2 windows and back door already in kitchen and shower room as you see (picture attached) but still got another 2 to do and also doing our bathroom from next week replacing 2 windows in bathroom too and moving the waste pipe and connect toilet in shower room to sewer. So only front door, a French door and 8 windows left to do. I asked if he is cheaper than a window company, then I might get him to do the rest of windows and doors. Is the windows good quality tough and the job he did is reasonable? Back door looks so low though as soil gets in the house with shoes and gets under door making it hard to open and close. I asked if his windows A rated and he said they are all the same and didn't reply my question. I asked for a quote for the rest of the windows and doors and still waiting. He said I can afford it. He seems so busy as he had to leave for another job and will be back next week. What do you think?
https://s31.postimg.org/3o6rt72mz/20160724_104552.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/p0gh4gs8l/20160724_101637.jpg
https://s31.postimg.org/3o6rt72mz/20160724_104552.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/p0gh4gs8l/20160724_101637.jpg
0
Comments
-
Get a decent quality outdoor mat, wipe your shoes, and keep the muck outside?
Door looks ok from here, and the window looks good:)0 -
Ok thanks. He is going to built a step outside as its only a brick there temporarily. I was going to get a mat for indoors but not enough gap lol.0
-
From the pic, it looks like a low profile threshold?0
-
I just googled to see what you mean. I never asked him low profile and didnt know thats what it was. I will ask him when he is back. I wonder how much he would charge me for 8 windows, a composite front door and french door. Any ideas? Kitchen windows were in his quote for kitchen and bathroom windows in his quote for bathroom.societys_child wrote: »From the pic, it looks like a low profile threshold?0 -
The fit looks OK,just make sure he silicones around the outer frame well to give a good seal0
-
Thank you for the advice. Yes I will make sure he seals it around. There is still no window sill inside as well. So I will have to remind that to him as well. So its safe to instruct him to do rest of windows and doors then. Thanks eveyone :TThe fit looks OK,just make sure he silicones around the outer frame well to give a good seal0 -
societys_child wrote: »From the pic, it looks like a low profile threshold?
Without a cill means this door is discharging rain water into the brickwork. Not a good principle.0 -
door and window looks OK to me0
-
We can assume he is FENSA?0
-
Both looks okay. But, I do agree with the earlier post, make sure that he seals it properly.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards