We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Is it too late for CPP claim?
Blessedwalnut
Posts: 1 Newbie
I had CPP for a Natwest credit card from Jan 2009 until January 2012. I recently found out that this classed as PPI, and I never received any contact or letter from them about this. I contacted Natwest who stated that the bank can only investigate policies opened prior to jan2005, and that the date for claims from CPP finished on Feb2015 so i cannot claim.
Is this true?
Is this true?
0
Comments
-
CPP is categorically NOT PPI, it's a different service
Sadly yes you are out of time, the CPP refund scheme is closedSam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness:
People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.
0 -
It's not "classed" as PPI (it's a totally different insurance policy) ,but it was frequently mis-sold.Blessedwalnut wrote: »I had CPP I recently found out that this classed as PPI
Unfortunate. There was plenty of publicity at the time.Blessedwalnut wrote: »I never received any contact or letter from them about this.
This is correct.Blessedwalnut wrote: »I contacted Natwest who stated that the bank can only investigate policies opened prior to jan2005
Yes, you are far too late.Blessedwalnut wrote: »the date for claims from CPP finished on Feb2015 so i cannot claim.
Is this true?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
