IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Ticket for ALDI Margate - what next?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 September 2016 at 9:50PM
    Options
    You need to convert your file to a .pdf and then attach to the appeal portal. In the portal window you put (words to the effect), 'Please find attached full appeal. POPLA Ref Number xxxxxxx, PCN Ref Number xxxxx, Vehicle Registration Mark xxxxxxx.

Apparently a little green icon appears to show that the file has attached. Take a screen shot before hitting the 'Submit' key.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • purplesparkles
    Options
    Thanks all. Submitted! I'll keep you posted.
  • purplesparkles
    Options
    Just received case file from Parking Eye via POPLA and have been given 7 days to respond. Any advice? Anything I should be looking for? I really have no idea how I should be looking to respond.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You need to rebut anything that you disagree with, or that is plainly 'wrong'. Anything not challenged can be taken by POPLA as you agreeing with it.

You cannot add new appeal points now, but go to town on anything that's included in the evidence pack.

Here's an excellent example of how one poster dealt effectively and comprehensively with a PPC's Evidence Pack. I'm sure this will give you plenty of ideas on how to handle your case.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=67385911&posted=1#post67385911

And another one to consider.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=67402366&postcount=26

And a further one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13uLICVZ13MeT7Q_4qzJUIyAn-jtVJUIVeCaaINpI2U8/mobilebasic

And more recent ones.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69765991#post69765991

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70246824#post70246824

Please note, these examples are now a little dated in the context of the fast moving world of private parking, so you need to be careful about blindly copying and pasting anything that 'looks good', and especially in the context of Beavis. But they do provide an insight into how to make a start on your rebuttal.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2016 at 7:04PM
    Options
    Aldi signs...in a typical Aldi car park, over half of them do not mention the £70. Am I right? A major point to raise at rebuttal; point out to POPLA how many of the signs shown have no chance of creating a contract to pay £70 because the majority fail to even mention it!

Plus you need to reiterate that there are two Grace Periods in the BPA CoP so it is reasonable to spend a few minutes on arrival to find a parking space then read the signs and decide whether to stay (not that the signs all mention the £70) and then another 'minimum ten minutes' at the end is allowed by the BPA, to leave the site. ParkingEye have provided no evidence to refute this and your appeal included points about unclear signs and about the two mandatory Grace Periods.

It is unreasonable to expect a driver to have taken LESS THAN ONE MINUTE to arrive, drive round, find a space, park, lock the car, then read the signs!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport