PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh, well you know you're going to pay over the odds for a new property, don't you Kittie?
  • westcoastscot
    westcoastscot Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kittie that sounds perfect, but keep a clear head mind!! Take your tick list and be methodical - i'll keep everything crossed for you :-)

Interesting reading the links around gas/electricity supply - I don't see how we can not have shortages if we go on as we are.

Read something earlier about very bad winters going in cycles, and how this could be the beginning of a series of colder winters - I've a short list of things to do to make things more toasty here, so shall get on with that over the summer
  • Puffinbertha
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    omg I am all of a dither, like a quivering jelly, my heart is racing and my hands are clammy. I have just had notification of what looks like the perfect property, new, one I saw being built and always thought it was for a client because it was being built so carefully. I love it, from the outside. It won`t have the big garden but is in my preferred area. My hands are shaking. Its got a wood burning stove, oak floors. Got a viewing tomorrow morning

Calm me down please, I want to go in with a clear head and my tick list

Good luck. Hope it is suitable.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We've had an offer, we won't take it because it's too low but it's very gratifying to know someone would like to buy us! We had another person view this afternoon, a gardener who already has an allotment across the road and I'd so love to leave my garden in the hands of someone who would get as excited as I do about those first few spears of asparagus coming through and enjoy the ripe figs in the late summer. He came on his own because Mrs was at work I'm hoping they come back for another look and want us for the garden.

KITTIE go for it girl, if your heart and head are both saying this is IT then listen xxx.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kittie I'd say that if you're reacting to it like that, it could well be The One. Good luck xx

Lyn
    Good luck to you too! I hope your second viewer will come back with his wife for a second look. x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can't remember if I've previously mentioned buying this (a search of this thread for "Lifelight" and "Pendants" doesn't produce any results), so I'll mention it now.

A few months ago, I bought this from Home Bargains.
    $_86.JPG
    A few weeks ago, I charged up the battery pack, with the solar panel blue-tacked to the inside of my living room window, then plugged in only one of the pendants set it on maximum (which gives a surprising amount of light), and went to bed.

I'm pleased to report that, come morning, the light was still quite bright.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    true capricorn is kicking in, the orientation looks wrong and garden looks too small, no wardrobes and why is it lower than the lane? ok a friend of my husband`s and his wife are right behind me, was a work colleague of his. Calm and steady person. Me, well I should have picked that lower level up right away, me the flooding guru when it came to my children and their houses. It will be interesting doing a viewing, my first, will be taking my notebook and compass. I`m on the chamomile tonight
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jk0 wrote: »
    I suspect the electricity will go before the gas does, as we use so much to generate it with. They will want to keep the pipes pressurised at all costs, as it would be a nightmare to bleed millions of systems.

As you can see, last week and even now the coal generation was flat out at 11GW due to our having shortsightedly shut down so many coal stations.

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/
    Hi

If you look at the Gridwatch link you supplied and compare coal to gas over the past couple of weeks there's an unusual anomaly ...

As you mention, coal generation was unusually high, however as covered by numerous news articles, UK gas supplies were running exceptionally low due to the combination of a number of supply & storage issues ... it's therefore logical to assess that the load on gas was being relieved by coal to allow the gas stocks to be prioritised to heating as opposed to generation ....

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What has happened to Ralgex spray?

I've been everywhere, looking for it. :mad:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The rain is absolutely lashing it down here. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories