PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mardatha

I am still wearing a light jacket and thinking about looking out my thicker jacket and boots. :eek:

Take care of yourself and keep warm and cosy pet.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    First day in a big woolly jumper today; time to pack my hippy-dippy silk skirts & vest tops away until next May! There was quite a heavy air-frost down here last night; all the surrounding roofs were white & glittery this morning, though the grass was green. I'm glad I hauled the tender plants into the conservatory last night; the one I couldn't, because it was in a heavy terracotta windowbox along with a lot of dead annuals, I wrapped in bubblewrap & will get the Junior Gardener (DD2) to re-pot & bring in later on. There's no point having a whacking great conservatory if it doesn't get used to conserve plants! Especially edible ones...

We had the stove lit yesterday, which kept the heating off. And the first chestnuts of the year appeared at the market, and they were delicious and not expensive... I gather it's a very good year for them, so we'll be out looking for home-grown ones next week; there are plenty of sweet chestnut trees hereabouts.

Need to audit & re-stock my mother's store-wardrobe this week, then double-check my own supplies. I've already done a wholefoods order, and stocked up on flour, so it'll just be the tins & packets. Though I will need to rotate the stored water, too... not that I have room to keep much!
    Angie - GC May 24 £311.12/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Temp sitting at 5C here today, sunny and bright but a cold wind.
    Went to Aldi and stocked up on decaff teabags and digestives for the birds.
  • elona
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mardatha

You are giving the birds tea and biscuits? I want to be in your garden pet.
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Of course! doesn't everybody?? and in china cups with wee saucers, naturally :D:D
  • elona
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mardatha

I now have a vision of some birds with one claw daintily raised as they enjoy their tea :rotfl:

The laugh has cheered me up on a dull day.:T
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Perhaps the occasional cucumber sandwiches? They might like those but I'd leave the crusts on.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    8 degrees here today, on the very edge of London.
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Probably about the same down here near the South Coast, ivyleaf, but feels colder; there's a biting NW wind and some speckles of something that feels very much like sleet. We're just back from a bracing riverside walk, the stove is glowing and I'm about to settle onto the sofa with my feet up, to cut up some 50p/99p shirts to make a quilt!
    Angie - GC May 24 £311.12/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) It's baltic here. Wild Thing actually spent last night indoors. For the first time since about March.

There was a frost, and then it got sunny and the autumn colours were gorgeous, and then the showers set in. Cold wind, cold rain, and slightly spitty, as if there are a few ice crystals in it. Brrr!
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills