🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cheap Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge deal needed

Options
Hi all!

So i have decided to pack the contract phone game in and go PAYG but want a nice phone. Was looking at the S7 edge but not keen on paying over £550 for it. Does anyone know any voucher codes/deals etc. where i can purchase one from a reputable retailer ideally somewhere below the 500 mark?

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• chippy2u
    chippy2u Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can get them from around £450 but they are imports.. So "yer pays yer money and takes yer chance". I did think of buying one but chickened out. It's still a lot of money if it goes wrong!
  • martinthebandit
    martinthebandit Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Before buying any phone I suggest you check out how often important security updates are pushed out, currently the only android ones that I am aware of that do timely updates are Motorola and nexus.

If your going to spend several hundred pounds on a phone I think it's something you should consider.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,075 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I opted for the Nexus 6p no crapware on it like the Samsung.

First to get updates
  • Claremac
    Claremac Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    OP (or anyone else), just wondering if you managed to find a good deal on the S7 Edge as I am also looking for one? Thanks.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got an S7 Edge after avoiding Samsung and their crapware, including Touchwiz, for a long time, but it's not an issue any more - On first launch, you can choose between Touchwiz and the Google launcher, and whilst there are rubbish apps, they're easily avoided and don't hog a lot of space.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport