Downshifting to a nicer life...

in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
72 replies 13.5K views

Replies

• Aw MeandO I am sorry to hear how stressed you are with all of this, I don't understand why people have to be so difficult with things like this.

Hope you manage to get everything sorted out.

Dxxx
  • edited 22 November 2016 at 10:59PM
    copperjarcopperjar Forumite
    884 Posts
    edited 22 November 2016 at 10:59PM
    Hi MeandO. How's it going? Hope you're well and some of the stress has gone now.
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • MeandOMeandO Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both.

Well, the buyers have been an absolute nightmare, but we've finally agreed on a date - this coming Thursday. We were supposed to exchange yesterday but it didn't happen as their solicitor was off work. What can I say...

I have signed everything on my part though. Nearly burst into tears signing this house away in the solicitor's office. Still not sure if I'm doing the right thing, but it's done now. I just want us in the new place and settled.

I was off work poorly last week (think the stress finally took its toll), but I have since managed to get most things sorted.
    I've booked removals, can't do it myself this time, but am packing everything myself. I've done most of the hard work now, just DS's room and toys in the lounge and a few bits in the kitchen to go.

I've bought paint for the lounge (it's a vile colour currently!!!), so that will be done before the weekend, I'll make sure of it!

Carpet people are booked to measure up; washing machine is being delivered the day after I move in, TV/internet should be ready to go straight away too, insurance paid for... just playing the waiting game now!

How;s the house Copperjar? Have you settled in? xx
    Mortgage @ March 2019 £107K, now £79,600
    Mortgage OP's so far: £4339.43
  • atypicalblondeatypicalblonde Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi MeandO,

I read your diary last night and my heart goes out to you. You have had such a tough few months but I greatly admire your resilience and courage to get through this tricky time in order to ultimately create a better lifestyle for you and O.

I'll be cheering you on x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    78.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope all goes well.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • MeandOMeandO Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi MeandO,

I read your diary last night and my heart goes out to you. You have had such a tough few months but I greatly admire your resilience and courage to get through this tricky time in order to ultimately create a better lifestyle for you and O.

I'll be cheering you on x

Thank you, that's very kind xx
  • MeandOMeandO Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope all goes well.

Thank you beanielou xx
  • juststuff123juststuff123 Forumite
    279 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Crikey, i'm stressed just reading your diary. I hope it'll all be worth it in the end though! Good luck
    NEW GOAL:- £200k in Savings be March 2024
    SAVINGS: – £168,036
    COMPLETE GOALS - Debt Free, Mortgage Free, £150k Savings
    Save 12k in 2021 #53 £27,288 / £15,000
  • MeandOMeandO Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks juststuff xx

Well, the exchange FINALLY happened yesterday. Moving day is tomorrow. :eek:
    I'm quite organised and have sorted most of the utilities/insurances etc that I can do before moving in. Just need to pack the final few bits tonight and that's it.
    Trying very hard to think positively about it and not be sad about leaving our lovely house, but it is proving tricky.

X
  • KittenkirstKittenkirst Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    MeansO- good luck for moving day today.
    I've moved a lot in my life and I always find it sad moving out, as it's a big change in your life. BUT with that sadness comes new starts, different outlooks and chances to change things for the better!

Keep your chin up, you're doing marvellously and have got this :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals