Anglian Water Services

Ken68
Ken68 Posts: 6,825
First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
Forumite
I queried with Anglian Water recently why had I been credit checked every month when there was no debt. Apparently every customer is checked every month.
"
We share data with Experian and Call Credit although we have only recently started reporting to Call Credit each month since April this year. Call Credit use a search tool called Noddle which must be where you found the reporting?

If this is correct then yes I can confirm that it is Anglian Water that are reporting you (and all our domestic customers) each month. We report on the age of the arrears if you are in debt or with a status 0 mif you are paying to terms."

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,034
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Big Brother!

It is a racing certainty that 'The Computer' will get fed incorrect information at some point and many customers will have a black mark on their credit record without their knowledge.

Why not bring this to the attention of Martin's team.
  • Ken68
    Forumite
    Not sure I know how to do that !!
  • Ken68
    Forumite
    edited 6 July 2016 at 3:54PM
    All legal according to new information, and all users have been advised.
    "
    It has been approved by the Government Information Commissioner (ICO) and is supported by our regulators."

It helps to keep charges down.

• Ken68
    Forumite
    http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/privacy/

It needs a lawyer to sift thru all that.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,034
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    quisquis wrote: »

That article is nothing to do with the subject of this thread. It is just a repetition of the flawed logic(IMO) used to oppose the ending of the SoLow tariff - posted in this thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5202408
  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,322
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I had a look at my Noddle, Experian and Equifax reports, and my Anglian account is shown in Noddle and Experian, but not in Equifax.

They are not actually running a credit check, but they are reporting the account status monthly. On Experian it goes back to 1/4/05, but on Noddle it only started in April this year.

I suppose they consider that an account with them is some sort of credit account, because they bill in arrears for water used, so they are effectively lending you the cost of the water processing before you pay for it.

In my case Anglian process my waste water, but E&SW supply the fresh water. E&SW do not report my account status to any credit reference agencies.
  • Ken68
    Forumite
    Not sure how it works, Jbuch.
    Valuable information to the credit agencies so maybe they pay Anglian Water for each report..... or give early warning of debts to other utilities.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ken68 wrote: »
    I queried with Anglian Water recently why had I been credit checked every month when there was no debt. Apparently every customer is checked every month.
    "
    We share data with Experian and Call Credit although we have only recently started reporting to Call Credit each month since April this year. Call Credit use a search tool called Noddle which must be where you found the reporting?

If this is correct then yes I can confirm that it is Anglian Water that are reporting you (and all our domestic customers) each month. We report on the age of the arrears if you are in debt or with a status 0 mif you are paying to terms."

What you decribe is not credit checkng, but rather credit reporting.

As such, as long as you are managing your account correctly, then at worst it will have no effect on your ability to obtain credit, and at best will only serve to increase your ability to obtain credit.

No company is permitted to credit check you without first obtaining your consent to do so, and you would only usually give that consent if you were applying for credit from them. Too many applications, especially in a short period, could adversely affect your ability to get credit elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure