New build house, GSHP

13»

Comments

• lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Killfrost appears to be a propylene glycol base from what I have seen from the product specs. It is purported to be low viscosity, so therefore should not go into a viscous state in the lower part of the borehole.
    30% concentration should be ok, as minimum is 25%.
    I would suggest that the line that is causing the problem is disconnected and has a full flow test including discharge externally to the system. The fact that you saw brown water coming out does point to a blockage of possibly mud in that circuit.
    If it was not mixed properly, then that would be the installer problem.
    You need to make sure the probes are pressurized to between 2-4 bar and hold that for at least 20 mins.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • peeta
    peeta Posts: 16 Forumite
    well the good news is that the loops are flowing well, but the installer is denying that the antifreeze and how it was mixed had anything to do with the problem.
    needless to say he has no interest in helping with the extra costs...

that's not really the problem because the issue now is that the installer is refusing to help with the RHI application. He is not MSC registered - although he gave us the impression he was.
    He produced a calculation for the RHI payments and was aware that as a residential installation the RHI was critical for making the investment cost effective for us.
    Now refusing to take calls and I have no idea who can certify our heat pump
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport