PIP - atos - no assesment - anybody had this ?

edited 5 July 2016 at 9:02AM in Disability Money Matters
20 replies 8.3K views
Daisy2016Daisy2016 Forumite
64 Posts
Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 5 July 2016 at 9:02AM in Disability Money Matters
Hi all , im new to the forum

Currently on Esa and DLa ( low and low )

*Rang and claimed pip
*Sent form back
*Pip requested further info from docs
*Text today saying " we have all the info we need to assess your pip claim . We will write with a decision when a decision has been made "

Claim based on severe depression , anxiety and panic attacks . Ibs and incontinence .

I was expecting a face to fave assesment and have worked myself into a state thinking that they have dismissed my claim because of the no assesment

Has anybody else had this ? What was the outcome ? How long after the text/letter did the decision come through ?

Many thanks in advance

Replies

• I've had 2 pip applications and had to have an assessment both times. So I can't really comment on that. Other than to say I have read posts from people who haven't that have been very positive about outcomes with no assessment as well as the negative ones so don't worry xxx

It's probably positive I'd say seeing as they contacted your docs. They don't do so as a rule, you usually have to send all the proof with the original form you send back so fingers crossed .

After I had the 'we have all your info' letter this time it was 5 weeks for me when I got my award letter through in the post. This was earlier this year... But I have heard them taking only two

Good luck xxx
  • edited 5 July 2016 at 9:01AM
    Daisy2016Daisy2016 Forumite
    64 Posts
    edited 5 July 2016 at 9:01AM
    Thankyou for your reply .

From the lack of respose it seems that no face to face isnt that common , which is what is worrying me .

I didnt send any evidence with my pip2 form it was just the form itself . I then rang for the address to send a letter from my carer and they said they had contacted the docs - so i guess they contacted through lack of evidence. I have a copy of the docs report and im unsure wether it is enough
  • toomuchinfotoomuchinfo Forumite
    125 Posts
    Hello, I'm appointee for my son and he had his DLA to PIP earlier this year. He didn't have a face to face assessment and was awarded enhanced for both daily living and mobility.

i sent reports in with the form and a nurse from Capita phoned me to say that she wasn't going to call my son in and she asked a few questions about my son. I got a letter saying that they had all the info and sorry it was taking so long then had the decision letter about 3 weeks later,
  • Daisy2016Daisy2016 Forumite
    64 Posts
    2 weeks post we have everything we need letter and the waiting is killing me ... In some ways i wish the letter and text got lost ...
  • Same here - no face to face, had the "we have all the info we need" text and letter, still no decision :(
  • dipsydipsy Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    I think I would rather have a f2f, however it is stressful
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
    64 Posts
    Same here - no face to face, had the "we have all the info we need" text and letter, still no decision :(
    How long since you had the letter ginger ?
  • Text was on the 22nd June, letter on 29th. I was expecting a medical. They haven't contacted my GP so no idea where their info has come from (although I put a prescription copy and a care plan in with the form). I just want to know wether I'm going to lose my disabled working tax credit or not!
  • Took 5 weeks for me, Daisy as I said. stay strong and think of England/Scotland/Ireland/Wales....whatever gives you more comfort lol....

....although having been in that position myself sitting there waiting, it's easier said than done isn't it

xxx
    64 Posts
    Took 5 weeks for me, Daisy as I said. stay strong and think of England/Scotland/Ireland/Wales....whatever gives you more comfort lol....

....although having been in that position myself sitting there waiting, it's easier said than done isn't it

xxx

I know ... Some have said 3 days .... Some 3 weeks - all just depends how busy they are i guess .... But yeah the wait is unbearable ..... And to think if i do get an award ill probably be back in this same position next year or the year after 😩
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides