Transfer of a 1 year fixed rate ISA
Hi, I'm 7 months into a 1 year ,1.93% fixed rate isa with Shawbrook bank but because of BREXIT im anticipating a reduction in the base rate by at least 0.25% before my account matures. So, my question is should I / could I transfer now into a 5 year ,2% fixed rate ISA with Halifax or Nationwide and take, what I believe would be , a 90 day loss of interest through closing early? Will a 0.5% reduction of base rate be passed on to an isa savings account? If it was, then by the time my account matures in November, the best Shawbrook could offer would be 1.2% for just three years!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 340.1K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.3K Spending & Discounts
- 231.9K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.6K Life & Family
- 245.1K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards