Stocks and Shares ISA Experiences

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
2 replies 1.4K views
poiuytrewq10poiuytrewq10 Forumite
19 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Hi all,

I've had a look at a few other threads but none have really helped direct me in my decision so I was hoping for some advice from others.

Firstly, my circumstances. I have saved a decent amount that is split between high interest earning current accounts and high interest regular savers. After paying out all my monthly expenses and putting money aside for saving, I have around £250 left over. £100-150 I tend to use for paying for hobbies, dinner with the gf etc. through the month. The other £100-150 I'm looking to invest in a S&S ISA.

What I'm looking for is people's experiences of the multitude of investment platforms out there. I think I would like more control than something like Moneyfarm would perhaps offer but does anyone have any experience with using it?

What other experiences do people have with other platforms and would they recommend them?

I could invest £500 or so as a lump sum if needed for a particular platform required it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• asus1987asus1987 Forumite
    39 Posts
    i have just started to eeffectivly dabble in this, Kind of as an experiemnt for a year,

I was getting 3% in the santender 1-2-3 minus the £5 fee,

i have now put the money into a barclays stocks and shares isa,

divided the money /5 , picked 5 funds i thought may do well , technology, japan market etc etc
    and will see after a year how it goes ( im aware these are long term investment so may fall one year, rise the next etc)

In fact its interesting to see, one fund started at £999.80 and is now worth £1060 so im up £50 in 3 months
    2 others have gone down by £10
    another up by £2

at the end of the day its riskier than cash and guaranteed 3% , but will ses how it goes,
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals