Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Woohoo!! Enjoy your well deserved break.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Love that end of term feeling! Hope you have a great Easter break.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    4 NSD so far. Gorgeous day here. Just waiting for the plumber to come and do me a quick job then we're off out for a walk.

Great start to the hols!
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Louby, finally caught up with your diary. Things are moving fast! Congratulations on the kitchen purchase. I totally understand the desire to do things to the house, I paid a plaster to do our large front room, did it in three parts so I could save up the money :rotfl: I am now thinking about how to start my bathroom in stages, but I only have half a kitchen as cannot do anymore of that until I have a new window fitted........
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • louby40
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by DAL - I'm excited (and nervous) about my kitchen plans. It means going back into debt again but I figure it's controlled (and at 0%) and I plan to pay more off it where I can. I always knew I'd have to get a loan to get the kitchen done - no way I could save up £10k, it would take me 2-3 years. So by September it should all be done. Infact the whole downsatirs will be sorted as I'm having a new ceiling/lights in my hallway.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    House plans are sounding great Louby, I'm glad you've managed to get cheaper rates/money knocked off xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    Options
    Another busy day. I went to the gym again this morning for a spin class then it was off to have my hair coloured. I don't have it blow dried so it's half the cost. I'll go again in 4 weeks to have it cut and blow dried. It probably saves me about £160 a year walking out with wet hair.

Pottered about this afternoon and then went out for a walk to post a letter. Racked up 13,000 steps on my Fitbit
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Well done on being thrifty and also on the steps. Making healthy decisions both physically and financially.

How many NSD's do you have?
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I love the sound of your new kitchen and lighting. It's going to be amazing. Do you have the phrase Well Jel where you are. I think I will be! xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    Options
    I'm up to 6 NSD days so far Speky. We've not done much. My two boys do their own thing these days so I don't need to entertain them. I've gone to the gym everyday this week, cleared out some old bedding, stripped the wallpaper off my kitchen wall.

We're off to Chesterfield tomorrow - walking round Stanage Edge then staying in a pub in the town, nice meal, few drinks etc.

PSL my current kitchen is very tired and grotty. My house is about 13/14 years old so lots of things need updating now. I have cupboard fronts falling off, not to mention the massive hole in my ceiling from my flood last summer. I'm probably going to be in £13k worth of debt but I'm planning on trying to pay it off in a year if I can. No holidays for me this year or next year. It's going to be 3 weeks of major disruption but will be worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure