Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all just visited asda burgh heath and I think they have restocked razors but I cannot remember what they look like any one got a picture that I can compare
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    I'm gutted today. I knew Cake International is at the NEC this weekend, but they've just announced that they've partnered with MCM. So one entry ticket gets you into: Cake International, Comic Con AND a Hobbycraft show. If I'd know, I would've booked a train ticket - as it is £28 for a train fare, plus a ticket is waaaaay too much money.

Probably for the best though as I don't get paid for another 2 weeks and I would rinse my bank account at an event like that :rotfl:

Hiya :wave:
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bcw123 wrote: »
    afternoon all just visited asda burgh heath and I think they have restocked razors but I cannot remember what they look like any one got a picture that I can compare

http://duetogsaij514.cloudfront.net/images/products/11/LN_605651_BP_11.jpg

Click that link you will see it
    Afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • latest_flame
    Options
    bcw123 wrote: »
    7702018323012_280_IDShot_3.jpeg
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon ALL!
    image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    7702018323012_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

yes they are the ones in stock
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I'm gutted today. I knew Cake International is at the NEC this weekend, but they've just announced that they've partnered with MCM. So one entry ticket gets you into: Cake International, Comic Con AND a Hobbycraft show. If I'd know, I would've booked a train ticket - as it is £28 for a train fare, plus a ticket is waaaaay too much money.

Probably for the best though as I don't get paid for another 2 weeks and I would rinse my bank account at an event like that :rotfl:

Hiya :wave:
    :o Awww bless, that sounds like the perfect day for you, cake, comics and crafts.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    Options
    2x Hartley's Jelly Strawberry Flavour (125g) £0.94 £0.80
    3x Hartley's Blackcurrant Flavour Jelly (125g) £1.41 £1.20

A v M

5 fo £2 on receipt dated 14.31 today

Small glitch

The Ambrosia custards which are in the same miultibuy are 35p in sainsbobs.

Afternoon all
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 March 2017 at 6:26PM
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Afternoon all – inappropriate hugs to everyone who needs them, the Elite must be made of very stern stuff to cope with everything that is thrown at us.
    I am forcing myself, now I have caught up with the domestic drudgery, forcing myself outside, heavily covered up, thinking some UV rays and some light gardening might restore the equilibrium.
    Eldest child and her BFs wedding week is looming, it has taken 15 months in the planning and it is organised within an inch of its life so I have no qualms about last minute hitches, eldest child and BF are in very good spirits but I don’t know how they are going to concentrate on work this week …
    We were due to have eldest son here this afternoon, possibly even his GF but we knew in reality this was doubtful, I think their weekend guests are still in residence. Eldest son did talk to his dad this morning though, it seems that GFs interview on Friday went very well and the next step seems to be flat hunting again. Eldest son got his new posting a few months back, due to start July or earlier and it was not where they were expecting. It has meant GF job hunting again as it’s a long way from Brum and then they will both relocate. They are both very resilient and will cope with the move well enough – or at least GF will as she is the sensible, confident down to earth one!
    We are going to miss them both dreadfully but we just have to adapt.
    I did ask Eldest son this morning if there was any news but he had no idea what I was on about – so I am not sure if GF has got the new job or not. Or if I am supposed to know or what it is I am not supposed to know about 
    So I am sending down GFs birthday card today but her present refuses to get into a jiffy bag, too bulky so it will have to wait until we see them in York at the end of next week.
    Its OHs birthday today – he says just waking up every morning and finding you are still alive is a gift at our age  LOL. He has a few presents to unwrap but actually its all stuff he knows about so the unwrapping photos will be just for the sake of FB photos for the kids.
    He got a birthday card from GFs dad and step mum – OH sents over memory sticks with downloads of train magazines for GFs dad which they are both into  - Very sweet of them to send a card.
    He also got cards and breakfast bought him at work and someone gave him a Thomas Tank engine easter egg 
    He has had a birthday card in the post from Errant youngest son, goodness knows where it has been, looks like it has been dropped in a muddy puddle. He never sends cards or acknowledges birthdays but eldest child said she had a nag at him.
    Errant son who has been living in his van since his flat lease expired and also jobless – he and his GF (who has been over in the Uk for 6 months on a visitors visa) have gone back to the Philippines for a few weeks and they are due to get married sometime this week, no idea where or when or how. They met Christmas 2015 and got engaged March 2016 – Errant son is estranged from us, shut us out of his life totally although he still rings and messages his brother and sister sometimes. We only know anything through third hand information and things that are posted on facebook occasionally. Errant son is due back in the Uk possibly the day before his sisters and her BFs wedding - well that’s the plan, have to see if it happens as they missed their flights going out.
    Headache tablet time
    and breathe mhoc, breathe, and enjoy the sun[STRIKE]shine[/STRIKE]light.
    You just concentrate now celebrating OH's birthday and then on enjoying the wedding week, everything else is for another time and place.
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    Check emails for confirmation of payment for Crosse and Blackwell soups:beer:

thanks for that Id forgotten about the soup...my email was in my 'junk'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport