Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sorry to hear the curtains are cancelled:o
    But you know it's always worth trying....sometimes the odd one gets through.

And the best news today.......Mary Berry.......good on yer:T:T:T:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    Options
    nanx4 wrote: »
    Tried the little dish meals they were priced @ 2.50 in store went through as multi save.but compared at the offer price

1x Little Dish 1yr+ Chicken & Veg Risotto (200G) £1.67 £1.75
    1x Little Dish 1yr+ Cottage Pie (200G) £1.66 £1.75
    1x Little Dish 1yr+ Spaghetti & Meatballs (200G) £1.67 £1.75
    Comparison total (compared products only) £6.00 £6.25
    cheaper +£0.25

I'm sorry it didn't work.All the signs are/were there that it should have done.
  • josie_ann57
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Free pint of beer 22nd September to 2nd October. You need to have a smartphone or tablet to claim. It is not a printable voucher.

http://freedrinkpubs.co.uk/

Choose the pub and it asks you to show code on your phone at the bar, I haven't gone to the end screen as I'm not anywhere near a pub at the moment. :rotfl:

Thank you, I can't see what pubs these are accepted in, does anyone know please?:)
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    another afternoon in the house rather than playing in the garden as they are blasting away with shot guns at some defenceless rabbit or bird again in the fields around us :mad:

so I thought I'd have a go at sorting out a basket next to the printer which I innocently thought was just mixed up printer paper - we have 2 sorts, clean paper for official print offs and stuff which has been previously used on one side for other random prints like MOCS and copies of invoices etc, so they just needed separating and putting into the print paper drawers.

Instead the basket alongside the printer paper was the biggest collection of random paper possible :( Some was suitable for going straight into the recycling paper basket, some for the cardboard recycle, some for incinerating, some little notebooks which went into the Christmas shoe boxes, a few statements and salary slips that were current and went into the filing basket and some old bank statements (now added to another box of statements which needs to be organised and/or culled on a wet autumn afternoon)
    But also there was just about every invoice for every item that we have ever bought online over about 5 years :eek: Some like the marks sale bargains and the underwear from Debenhams receipts were easily culled but then things like anything electronic I had to find out if we still had the item or not. I found the receipt and header card for the Friskas weeder which has a 10 year guarantee and the receipts and guarantee for cases which have 5 years guarantee and the Pandora receipts, both sets of receipts for the garmins we bought (both garmins despite their age we are sentimentally attached to and the stories of how we got them and places we went to with them :) ) Most randomly was the invoice for our dyson, possibly the very first thing I bought online 16 years ago - my mum had inherited a tiny bit of money so she gave us (me and 2 sisters) all some and I used it to part pay for the dyson - very sentimentally attached even though it is now a purple, lime, grey and orange dyson :)

One of those quite sorting out jobs that takes forever and you end up wanting to run away screaming from but at least its finally done and dusted and one basket of rhubarb less and apart from some light filing there is just a huge basket of cruise memorabilia to sort and the basket with old bank statements to organise/cull

I sometimes think that life was a lot simpler in the olden days.Cash in your paypacket.Before privatisation ..One British Rail. One British Telecom.One gas and one Electric bill.Water rates paid with the council tax which was called rates.:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, I can't see what pubs these are accepted in, does anyone know please?:)

You actually have to go part way through claiming to see which pubs it's available in. You can put name of town in and change it to see. Nearest one to me was about 5 miles away, I also tried S'ton as we will be there Monday. Doesn't look like it's a particular brand of pubs to me, might be independents. Mr TS gave me the link so it will be real ale pubs. :beer:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :o

Drums fingers, Just wasting time here, finished book, long bath, started new (old) book, read paper, cut fringe, drunk a gallon of Rescue Remedy :o plucked stray leg hairs that missed being waxed away, I could be searching for TSs licence for something to keep me occupied if I was nearer :)

Weather in Salou looks dire :eek: thunderstorms :eek:
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options

Josie I just found the T&Cs too if it's any help...

Terms and Conditions

1.The free pint voucher entitles the bearer to ONE free pint of cask ale in participating pubs between Thursday 22nd September to Sunday 2nd October 2016.
    2.The voucher can only be redeemed at the named pub that you have selected on the Free Pint website app.
    3.The voucher is only valid for use between the dates as stated in point 1 above and can only be redeemed for a pint of cask ale*.
    4.There are 70 free pints in each participating pub which are available on a first come, first served basis. The promotion will end in the pub either when all of the free pints have been claimed, or at midnight on the closing date, whichever occurs first.
    5.The voucher cannot be used with any other offer or discount and it cannot be sold or exchanged for cash or any alternative product*.
    6.Only one free pint voucher may be redeemed per customer per pub.
    7.It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage excessive amounts of alcohol, or drink irresponsibly.
    8.This offer is only open to customers who are residents of the UK (excluding Scotland and Northern Ireland) who have accessed their voucher via the Free Pint website app and must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity may be required.
    9.The voucher has no cash value and can only be redeemed once.
    10.A valid email address or Facebook account will be required to access the voucher. The Free Pint website app can only be accessed using a smartphone or tablet – there is no printed alternative.
    11.The participating pub may refuse a voucher at their sole discretion.
    12.The promotion may be withdrawn or subject to change without notice.
    13.The decision of the Promoter or the landlord at the participating pub is final.
    14.Offer is subject to availability.
    15.If you have any difficulties using this Free Pint Promotion web app please email contactcentre@punchtaverns.com

* If you would prefer not to redeem your voucher for a pint of cask ale, soft drink options will be available

Promoter: Punch, Jubilee House, Second Avenue, Burton on Trent, DE14 2WF

This promotion is not available in Scotland due to Scottish Licensing Laws
  • josie_ann57
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    You actually have to go part way through claiming to see which pubs it's available in. You can put name of town in and change it to see. Nearest one to me was about 5 miles away, I also tried S'ton as we will be there Monday. Doesn't look like it's a particular brand of pubs to me, might be independents. Mr TS gave me the link so it will be real ale pubs. :beer:

Thank you, :)
  • josie_ann57
    Options
    hope you find your licence.:)
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Have a great holiday snap and keep your eyes open for TS's driving licence:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills