Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Viakal Regular Treatment Against Limescale Spray £2.72 for 2 at Waitrose with MyPick
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/viakal-regular-treatment-against-limescale-spray-2-72-for-2-waitrose-with-mypick-2498703
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Dont be embarrassed we all have different likes and dislikes:p:D

It's a promo, and some of those can be valuable. They can also be worth virtually nothing. I'm sure there's lots of regular albums - not promos - that people have bought over the years that are just worth a few pence years later. Tbh, I don't know why people buy CDs (they probably don't really) or downloads when 'everything' is on Youtube and can just be heard there for free? Or on the radio, if you like that sort of music:rotfl::(:rotfl::rotfl:.:p:rotfl:
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 20 August 2016 at 5:08PM
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Viakal Regular Treatment Against Limescale Spray £2.72 for 2 at Waitrose with MyPick
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/viakal-regular-treatment-against-limescale-spray-2-72-for-2-waitrose-with-mypick-2498703

There were two bottles (a little battered and a bit sticky(:eek:), but I'm sure the contents fine) on an RTC shelf at Winsford M a week and a half ago for I think 75p each. I assume they are much the same size - if not the same ones.

I acknowledge probably 98% of the population aren't within 7 miles of Winsford:rotfl: (and no guarantee they would still be there now - but I did mention it at the time!).

(I no idea actually how accurate or inaccurate my figure of 98% is:rotfl:, it's not been calculated precisely or been based on anything:cool:.) (7 miles being perhaps the travelling distance, by car, before, much above that, it starts outweighing any saving;). Again, no basis to my '7 miles' figure:rotfl: - just like it's been plucked out of the air:doh:. Which is, indeed, precisely because it has!:D:cool:)
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 20 August 2016 at 5:15PM
    Options
    Right, I'm off again - I know - but it was just a quick visit and I'll be back again at some point - love you and leave you for now folks - best look for sellers that haven't done their research in future I think:D:money::rotfl:. (Not that I've ever done any proper research or know owt:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.)

It's just an "idle" Saturday for me today so I may pop back and then go and then pop back again, later, at my leisure:cool:.
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon

Have had a lazy day round the house sorting what Christmas presents I have for others while eating chocolate raisins ... Someone ate the whole bag :eek::D

My dd is writing her Christmas list and she has asked for mrangs :D
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 August 2016 at 5:24PM
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Thanks to N1lda:)

So do both packs show on APG at £1.50 per pack ie £3 v £2 in S .....80p for 2 multipacks

Hi TM, both packs show on APG. I didn't go for best comparisons, but I went for something that OH and me mum will eat.

I paid with a womble, just wanted to make sure it worked.

1x Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar (5X30G) £1.60 £1.79
    1x Jacob's Crisps Sour Cream & Chive (150G) £1.79 £1.00

But the multibuy isn't being recognised, it's just a case of finding better comparisons with something you would want/eat :)

Oh, this was against Tesco.
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/babystart-deluxe-travel-cot-natural-19-99-was-62-99-argos-2498408?page=2#post28614762

If Bubbs has already posted this I apologise but I've just been to collect the grey and green one and it deducted the whole £30 so better than free.
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 August 2016 at 5:46PM
    Options
    Thanks wackynut & izzey b :)

how many can you buy in a shop? is it just 2 or multiples of 2? :)
    thanks

You know I was thinking about this and cant remember how it used to work.

I am wondering if you can buy in even numbers, as long as you buy one trigger? Say 1 x kettle chips and 3, 5, 7 x a n other ???

Can anyone else remember please :o
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    You know I was thinking about this and cant remember how it used to work.

I am wondering if you can buy in even numbers, as long as you buy one trigger? Say 1 x kettle chips and 3, 5, 7 x a n other ???

Can anyone else remember please :o

I thought it was you could buy an odd amount of the trigger and one other otherwise the multibuy would be picked up on the others but as the comparison isn't good on the trigger there would be no reason to ...I think :)
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • Ladyshopper
    Ladyshopper Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Poor Tom, that interview with him just made me tear up. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts