Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    A level results out next Thursday....possibly resigned to a place through clearing because Maths went every which way but well!

Who knows...its just a waiting game now.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon one and all...I hope you are all well and thriving in good health...If not hugs to you all..I have been a little on the busy side lately...

Probably missed a good glitch or three.....but hey ho....there will be more..I'm sure..:wave::wave:
    Good afternoon Marmie ..have missed you:(so made you an afternoon :coffee:and a piece of cake ..not homemade I might add ...plenty to go round if anyone else fancies one...sorry to hear you have been messed about with the house sale:(
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    A level results out next Thursday....possibly resigned to a place through clearing because Maths went every which way but well!

Who knows...its just a waiting game now.

He probably did better than he thought , fingers crossed for you allx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • LEJC
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Was passing Aldi earlier, so stopped and picked up some steak, as you all seem to enjoy it and rate its quality, hope it lives up to it.

perhaps I should have done that too Sarah...but I opted for brazillian inspired sausages from T!

Not sure what qualifies them to be Brazillian but they are stinking the fridge out so need to be eaten tonight.

I did enjoy the diving last night but please tell me I wasn't the only person surprised that we actually had more than one set of divers at the olympics?
    ...I guess that's what happens when the media focus on one pairing....lots of expectation placed on Tom and Dan possibly left the others to just go out and go their stuff without so much need to produce a medal winning performance.

• LEJC
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    He probably did better than he thought , fingers crossed for you allx

No he hasn't he's the first to admit it went well wrong!!!!
    ...although he feels OK about the other 2

• Serendipitious
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »

Plonker again:rotfl::rotfl:

Ha ha. And I haven't even got a cat, thought I'd get some freebies for DD's but all I've ended up with is spam.... :rotfl:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    oddly enough I've just been across to check balances and found that nationwide have a brand new student account called flexstudent - apply within 2 months of your course starting, you have to have a UCAS full time course place lasting at least 2 years. You have to pay in £1500 over the year either through student loans of the bank of mum and dad and you can request a fee free overdraft up to £1000
    if your account is in credit you get 1% interest on balances up to £1000

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexstudent/features-and-benefits

I don't know how good or bad this account is but if they have had a flexone it seems like a natural progression - they can have one of these from the age of 11. Again it pays 1% and there is a very good regular saver attached

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexone/whats-flexone

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/flexone-regular-saver/features-and-benefits
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • LEJC
    Options
    Thats one thing we do have is a money savvy son....he's already started the switching process between banks from his existing account to one that will give him a lump sum to join,and once that is established he will probably feed though a student one too....although student account offer nowhere near the perks they did years ago.

In fact I dont think you can collect a piggy bank from anyone nowadays.

• Magsta
    Magsta Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon Elite...........
    Popped out of lurking to see if you can help answer a question.

Off on last minute jollies soon and was up for booking the airport lounge. Since June the price has increased £6 for two of us and that's with 10% off.

So here is the question
    Can you drink duty free wine in the airport?

I know you can't on the plane and that you can't take opened bottles onto the flight but I was thinking a cheeky red and some homemade ham rolls and I'd be happy.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
    If it makes any difference I'm flying outside of the EU
  • buyitall
    buyitall Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Was passing Aldi earlier, so stopped and picked up some steak, as you all seem to enjoy it and rate its quality, hope it lives up to it.

I was looking at the steak in Aldi yesterday - which one is it that people are recommending please?

Checked the champagne price in M&S, and yes, it is £32 instore :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport