Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Marmite were you trying to lose weight ?that seems quite a lot to just drop off...or are you referring to the £10 note that Sal spotted in the scrunched up receipt at A the other day?....[/QUOTE

I would imagine there have been many claimants for the £10....but we all know that it was mine...So give it back...:rotfl::rotfl:

Hope all is well with you LEJC
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • buyitall
    buyitall Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,
    No idea how much it is at full price, but there is an offer on Sparks card for one half price bottle of ABEL CHARLOT CHAMPAGNE.

Doubt if there's an amazing bargain to be had, but will check if it's in stock at my local :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LEJC apart from the EA problem are you ok?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    He can chase our solicitor as much as he likes...she has done lots of work for us in the past and we are charged an all in rate...I think part of the problem as he see's it is that he can't get to speak to her as her secretary just tells him "it's progressing"...which it is.....

I negotiated an all rate for selling my dads house. The buyer p****sed about so much the entire sale stalled for 6 weeks while nothing happened.
    The final bill sky rocketed but I think the solicitor only charged us what was originally agreed

There was lack of communication between the 2 sets of solicitors - it was only at the end I realised that the buyers solicitor was NEXT DOOR to ours :eek:
    if I'd realised earlier I would have been taking letters and forms between the 2 myself - it would have been quicker even with me having to do a 20 min train trip to get to the solicitors place :rotfl:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 11 August 2016 at 4:15PM
    Options
    buyitall wrote: »
    Hi all,
    No idea how much it is at full price, but there is an offer on Sparks card for one half price bottle of ABEL CHARLOT CHAMPAGNE.

Doubt if there's an amazing bargain to be had, but will check if it's in stock at my local :)

I've found it online for £32 a bottle so half price would be £16 - which is still OMG - is it three times as good as the £5 Aldi fizz ??.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    buyitall wrote: »
    Hi all,

if it's the vintage it makes it £17 and £16 for the standard....

ummm...wondering if there might be better deals elsewhere ...guess it depends how brand loyal a person is to a champagne or whether something with bubbles in will suffice....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I negotiated an all rate for selling my dads house. The buyer p****sed about so much the entire sale stalled for 6 weeks while nothing happened.
    The final bill sky rocketed but I think the solicitor only charged us what was originally agreed

There was lack of communication between the 2 sets of solicitors - it was only at the end I realised that the buyers solicitor was NEXT DOOR to ours :eek:
    if I'd realised earlier I would have been taking letters and forms between the 2 myself - it would have been quicker even with me having to do a 20 min train trip to get to the solicitors place :rotfl:

I have had enough of house sales..I still haven't completed on mine...Sold it once..fell through after 9 weeks...Grrrrrrr...complete time wasters.....I accepted an offer again on the 23rd March...It still has not completed...I don't think I would ever want to sell or buy another house....:mad:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • buyitall
    buyitall Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I've found it online for £32 a bootle so half price would be £16 - which is still OMG - is it three times as good as the £5 Aldi fizz ??.

Yes, you're right. According to HUKD it has been half price at £16 previously, so unless it's already on some kind of special offer and Sparks gives half of the offer price, it's not worth it :(
  • hippychicky
    hippychicky Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Is there a way of finding out a barcode for something on a receipt from M please? I'm after the 700g Heinz tommy K :)

HG
    Not really sure what you need but I've got a bottle in the cupboard with the barcode 50457250
    x
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    if it's the vintage it makes it £17 and £16 for the standard....

ummm...wondering if there might be better deals elsewhere ...guess it depends how brand loyal a person is to a champagne or whether something with bubbles in will suffice....

The blue top one that works out at £8.50 is a much better deal.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family