Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    We spent them all on pizza express a while back and since our switch to Aldi we don't rack them up to often....I think DP may have odeum reward points for 2 tickets though...from way back when we used to be able to go to the cinema without it requiring military operation and grandparent begging!
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick check in.

So spent £11 today on afternoon tea.

We have a wedding in 2 weeks and I've been eyeing up a beautiful suit in Next for DS £40ish it was sold out so I looked on eBay and someone was selling one in is size. The auction didn't end for a week and I didn't want to cut it close so I've been messaging them and revert agreed I can buy it for £20. If DS doesn't make a mess of it I'll get it straight back on eBay while it's still on sale in Next and hopefully get the same back for it.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    P.s before I brought the £20 suit I bidded on and won another m&s one for £7 :eek:! I didn't really like it was just bidding because it was cheap. But it was all unironed and not hung up in the photo so I'm hoping when it arrives if I tidy it up a little I'll be able to make my money back at least :D Oops! A little moment there from me!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey checking in while I have a brew break.

So new week = new pocket money. I get paid Friday so not longer to wait whoop whoop! It's DP's birthday this week I've asked my mum if she can baby sit one night so we can go out for a meal/cinema then I'll just put him a big box of Krispy Kreme donuts and a card from DS. There is nothing he needs/wants....that we can afford anyway. DS threw the iPad down the stairs a while ago and now the screen has a section that won't work. We only use this to stream Netflix to the TV now. It was quite old and you know how apple get at making app's not work on ofker products so you have to upgrade. Also our laptop is past it again this was only used for silly bits like football manager etc so not really an essential spend at the moment. It's no wonder everyone is in debt and both parent have to work these days with all the bits and bobs considered essential!! We will have to slum it for a while on the technology front. Maybe when the kids move out we'll upgrade. :rotfl:

We had our car tax letter through I think once we've both been paid this week we will use the car fund money and add the extra to cover 6months at £120. Then hopefully the same will build up again over 6 month to pay it next time. Always something!

Feeling very poor right now. I have a list of bits I need bed nest rental £79, Tens machine rental, breast pump and car seat x2 (we had borrowed my sisters last time and had a car crash which meant her seat it no longer safe so I said when she needed one we'd buy a new one) and want a few bits like baby bean bag, play mat and a couple of nice bits for the nursery it looks bear now DS's bits have been moved over. I will see what money left after bills each month and order what I can in priority order. I'm hoping a few family members will ask what gifts baby would like so if I can find the money for the essentials they can buy the other bits and bobs.

I'm dreading maternity pay!!! DP has a new boss and she is being super strict with hours. His old one used to let him work whatever he wanted really so he could always pick up extras. We're waiting to see where is old boss gets moved and hopefully DP can transfer to work with him again.

Oooh also we've been potty training DS the last 4 days he's gone with no nappies bar one for his nap and one at night :T!! We've decided to pick up a box of baby nappies and wipes each time we go to stock up for when money gets tighter.

Think that's it for now my brew is nearly gone :eek:so that means I should get up and sort some washing.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    P.s I have booked a next VIP slot for tomorrow night!!!!! I hope it's !!!!!!! Ha ha or else I'll order stuff!!!! Help!!!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey. Sounds like you are busy.

I hate the payday thing - where you look forward to getting paid for ages and then it all disappears in 2 mins flat and you feel depressed afterwards!

Got to fly - catch up properly soon!
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    I saw a quote today:

"Some people created their own storm, then get upset when it rains"

Annoying but true! Must suck it up and carry on out of this storm I created! Where's my brolly?!?
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Pepperoni
    Pepperoni Posts: 461 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Have you thought about buying a bednest / tens machine etc? Then you can sell them on and it might work out cheaper? I paid £20 for my TENS and will probably be able to sell it on for that too.
    • [STRIKE]Credit Card: £2,989 / £2,989[/STRIKE]
    • Bank Loan: £12,000 / £14,000
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Oooh good idea. I'd not thought of that to be honest but was looking at bed nests on eBay about the same as rental price. I was considering buying one with DS kicking myself for not now!! I will ask my sis if she's thinking of using a tens in labour too as if she is we could go halves. She's due a month before me. Thank you for the advice x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in before DS wakes up. I've just sat in bed with a brew and cherry bakewell and been reading a few diaries. Didn't fancy a nap...nor being productive. Payday Friday so thought it would get me motivated.

NSD today whoop. I was feeling bad that DS won't be getting out much this week as I'm saving my pocket money for DP's birthday. So I borrowed my neighbours little boy for a play date :p she is 6 month pregnant with twins and currently trying to strip her kitchen ready for a new one to be fitted at the weekend. So DS got some small person interaction, I didn't spend money and did a good deed. Winner! I have also arranged to go to the children's centre Friday with another of DS's little friends for a stay and play session they do. It's free and we used to go every week when I was on maternity last time but work for in the way. Thought it would be a good idea to get back into going as the group is suitable for DS and I can take baby when he's here. I know last time I struggled with it being winter and being stuck in as free park visits etc don't happen in winter so hopefully this will help kill the boredom and keep me sane and on track money wise.

My mum is coming to babysit tomorrow night and me and DP are going out we haven't picked where yet but know it'll be a curry as that's his fav. Gaviscon at the ready! This shouldn't be more than £50 with me not drinking DP isn't very good at drinking either he usually only has a pint or two then get bloated so it shouldn't be to expensive. We were going to the cinema but Independence Day got bad reviews and he's not up for it now. My mum always baby sits for free I have friend who have to pay their parents....I think my sister has even paid my mum before too....I'll pick her up a cheap bunch of flowers on the way home but that'll do she's his nan and should want to spend time with him as far as I'm concerned! She always seems happy to do it and it's not often. X

It's pay day Friday whoop whoop! It's a friends birthday today I said I couldn't make lunch as she's picked a posh restaurant and DP is working and just don't have the energy to entertain him plus make polite witty conversation ha ha! I need grab her a bottle of wine and poor round for a brew at some point though. So will arrange that for next week. No plans for the weekend it's DP'a actual birthday sat but he's working a 11-8 so may get him to grab a take away on his way home. Apart from that I'm quite happy staying in with my comfy clothes! God help me when I have to return back to work! I'm not going to know what's hit me.

DP just walked through the door from work so best out my phone down and chat to him. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts