Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Not much to report but been thinking about money a lot today so thought I'd pop in.

Ds's fair was good fun. Cash from my purse all spent. £43 left and two weeks tomorrow until payday. The weather is looking good so that's a plus. We've planned a trip to meet the mil at twycross zoo we will use the cash left over from the money pot. Think I'll make a picnic to take as we usually have to pay for mil too so that's an extra entry ticket plus food we just don't have to disposable income for that. Then I'd like to do another day out to a kiddys theme park near by but the place is £45 entry so we shall see.

DP has done sooo well this month next months payday is going to be amazing!! I need to pretend it's not though or I'll be spending it before we have it! I need to keep thinking of this £200=1%!! We should be able to save £800+ from his wages next month!!! 4% whoop! That's if I don't spend it before we have it ha ha!!

Think that's all really. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

Nsd yesterday it was lovely and sunny so spent the day in the garden and at the park. Same again today weather permitting.

I checked TopCashback and had £26 payable to I've withdrawn this to help bridge the gap this money with bills. Fingers crossed savings won't need to be touched.....we shall see.

Been looking into 5% mortgages it seems they are a lot more common these days. Maybe a mortgage could happen sooner than we had hoped. Again we shall see. When we have around 5% I think we will go see a mortgage advisor and see what they think best.

Right best go put a sleeping ds2 down and entertain DS1 x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Note to self: next payday set up a good and petrol tracker!! We always go over and I need a better reflection so I know if I'm budgeting correctly!!!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    I spent some money oops! £24.99 I found an absolute bargain of a sandpit for DS £13.99 plus delivery and it's a nice big wooden one with a cover then £10 on sand from Tesco with free delivery. Too good a deal to miss out on.....I was googling sand as he needs some for his sand table and got carried away. Oops x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick check in while feeding DS 2.

Horrible stiff neck today in struggling big time. Feel like crying. It's a side effect from the shingles I've had it a few times now it normally lasts bad for a few days then eases off. It can apprently come on and off for up to a year so I best learn to deal with it. Luckily today is a stay at home day so I can take it relatively easy. DS1 spent yesterday at my dads helping him garden and he is still shattered today so hoping he has a big nap for me.

Dentist appointment last night my gums are improving but I need a filling now. It's a lower back tooth I can get he work done one the NHS free but I'm going to pay to get the white filling done privately. If it was the top I wouldn't mind so much but i think the money is worth it for a bottom on you will see all the time. £120 I think she said this is booked in for middle of may.

£10 spent into a betting account as we had a few glasses of wine the other night and I was ripping DP for never winning so hoping I get lucky ha ha!

£30 left until payday. Two days out planned this week both parks so I'll take picnics and maybe just soend on ice creams.

I need to go shopping tomorrow I've made a list of bits we need to last until next week.

Chased Amazon up on a couple of refunds I'm waiting on for item that never arrived. Only about £10 total but it's he principle more than anything.

I've sold ds's bouncy chair as he doesn't use it my friend wanted it so I need to message her and arrange dropping this round on one of my days out.

Dp's day off tomorrow and the sandpit arrived this morning and the sand yesterday so we can have a day sorting the garden and building that.

Think that's all for now. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Lau0707
    Lau0707 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Evening,

over the past two days i have actually read every post on here you have done :) following your journey has been amazing and your dedication to money has been inspirational. I currently have 2 little boys (4 and 2 and a half, and due my 3rd son in September) its defiantly put a lot into perspective for me, and over the past two days have managed to save £250, just goes to show it can be done. Thanks Hannah :-) xxxx
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey, Lau thank you for reading and posting. Nice to know I'm not just rambling along to myself even if that helps keep me on track. Have you strayed a diary? Congratulations on your third boys are lovey aren't they. Soo you must be 4 months in the lovely middle trimester with a cute little bump just popping out? Ahhhhh I'm getting broody just thinking about it.

I spend £65 popping into Aldi today.....big oops!!!! But in my defence I got lots of bits for picnics on our days out next week and a few BBQ bits for the weekend and the weather looks amazing. Got some cartons of juice etc which I don't normally buy but I HATE paying £1.50 for a blinking fruit shoot so in the long run it'll save me money. Also a cheeky bottle of wine. Life is for living too right! I did feel guilty spending it though so that's something right. Lunches and snacks packed for tomorrow it should be £2 parking then a couple of pounds on ice creams. Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Lau0707
    Options
    No worries :) it was an interesting two days, and opened my eyes to a lot. I havent started a diary, as in terms of debt I don't think there is much now. I have wiped 13k in 10 months, hard work! and we recently took a small loan out from my bank to shut every last credit card/account/overdraft down, and now paying back £150 a month for a few years instead of £560 a month! Cannot believe the amount of interest we were paying. I am 17 and a half weeks now, i literally had a bump the minute i got a positive test- ha ha. My husband and I are soooooo excited. Love being a mummy to boys.

I spent £33 yesterday in Aldi on shopping, £20 weekly petrol. Today, we went to the local wildlife park, and I took our own picnic- didn't pay for entrance as i pay £7 a month for unlimited visits. And then treated the boys to ice cream, and my oldest spent £7 of his birthday money in the shop. BBQs always make my food bill more expensive, we always seem to buy stuff we wont use after a BBQ! Buying fruit shoots or drinks is a nightmare isn't it! Ive started taking the boys juice in their bottles now. at least you bought lots of food, and snacks! holidays are always a killer so just think how much you would save on eating out :-) Quiet day for me tomorrow as the boys are at nursery for the day, so hopefully no money to spend hahah. xx
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Wow well done you! I can't wait to be in the lovely debt free stage. Are you more on here to keep spending in check while on mat leave? I've learnt so much about managing money the last few years. They really should teach it in schools.....but then we wouldn't make all their banker friends money would we! It's so nice being able to get outside with them isn't it. DS1 does so much better with a bit of space he gets over excited and a bit hitty when he's copped up.

£7 spent yesterday inc parking, Easter egg hunt and ice cream for DS and tea for me.

Park again today so should be a minimal spend too.

I really need/want a buggy board DS was struggling towards the end of the walk yesterday and I ended up carrying him while pushing the pram. Not good for my dodgy neck. I'll pack the sling today then I can swap them over if needs be but I'm eyeing up a buggy board on ebay.

Right best get sorted. Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Lau0707
    Options
    Thank you ! to be honest, I've been a lurker for years, but your post has been the only one i wanted to reply to, do I've set an account up. Its been fab for mortgage advice, credit feels, getting bills down etc and debts. I went to uni, got into trouble whilst at uni financially, and had 2 children whilst there too, so my money problems started then. Never in a million years did I think a default could affect my mortgage application for up to 6 years! we live and learn. The boys have been at nursery today, so Ive had my midwife appointment then went to dune*m mill and m & s.. £1.49 in d*nelm on sofa cleaner. I picked up a £40 bundle set of bedding for the baby but i never used bumpers with the boys, or a duvet, it was alway a blanket, so i actually put it back :D

treated hubby and i to a M& S dine in dinner for £10 tonight, and saved the wine for after baby or for gifting.

how has today been? I need a buggy board too for september, but that can wait for now. Hope youve had a good day x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure