Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    I think it's the old one. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • cms-help
    cms-help Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it's the old one. X

Under the old scheme the employer, under instruction from the childcare voucher company, deducts money from salary. This money is then held in your "voucher" account (so you need to know which voucher company the employer uses to start with). Each childcare provider has a reference number for each voucher company they accept. You will need to enter that reference number into the voucher provider's website. You then have various options over paying manually or automatically etc. We always pay automatically then pay the balance owed directly to the nursery.

You can't accumulate it and then withdraw it as cash - it can only be used to pay childcare bills.
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Thank you. hunmm I think we may be on the new system then as the school is adamant it's all our end. Going to get DP to log on at home and I'll let you know how we suss it out.

Quick pop in as we have a few spendy days. DP had today and tomorrow off and after all this pox I need some fun!! £40 left in the day out fund so we've booked tickets online for a kids theme park. I've packed a picnic already :money:! May grab a brew and a treat at some point and depending on when we leave maybe a cheeky mc's on the way home. We shall see.

Then DS1 is at school tomorrow so once he's dropped off me DP and DS2 are heading for a breakfast date. DP will pay far this. I'll need to put some petrol i today hopefully my £20 I have left covers what in need until payday then it's just a case of not spending any money next week.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    :mad:Ok so it's been a while oops.

Few spends but mostly needed bits and bobs for the boys.

Pay day is Monday but I had s food shop yesterday as we were out of fresh bits and bobs. Bit tight due to the dental bill of £107 but I'm sooo trying to make it that we do r have to take from savings. I really don't want that to go below £2000! I will have £90 left in the food and petrol on payday after the £160 shop if accounted for. Me and DP both need petrol so once he's paid on the 28th I will have to pop more in this account to last us until next month. Dp'a pay is average this month so we may not be able to save any extra. We shall see.

My pay next month is only half a month of mat pay:mad:I've emailed work and asked if I can do a lot Day on the 24th and I think if I push for another one early next month too that should bump me up enough to make next month do able without using savings.

We have tickets to a gig at the end of the month I think DP is going to drive so I'll just have to save enough pocket money for a few drinks and some food.

There is a circus in town next week so we will take DS £24 I've ordered some pizza and bits for a takeaway night for me and DP so we will try be good and not buy food while there.

Been using tumble dryer when I can.....even though sometime I soooo want to cave and use it for ease. :money:

Few spends on my next account. I paid £20 for unlimited delivery for a year. I feel this may be a mistake. Oops!! I'll update my Sig when the statement comes through. We live a 20 mile drive from town so justify it with saving on petrol and extra spends while out. We're at a party tomorrow and it was so easy just ordering a pair of pj's and have them delivered the next day for free. Got some cool wellies for DS's birthday and a friend had a baby last week so ordered some baby grows. Only £47 on account I think inc the delivery charge.

Best go sort lunches x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Been feeling a bit bogged under my money so decided to look back on how far we've come. Since o started my diary:

Debt cleared: £4975.66

And £2000 saved!

It's nearly been a year since I started my diary now and nearly £7000 had moved in the right direction. I honestly think without this diary that would have been a -£ amount. We keep looking on right move then getting annoyed when something perfect comes up but it's all good motivation to keep us going I guess. We should be able to save a minimum of £200 a mo th when I'm back at work then in April when the dfs debt if cleared that's another £50 a month that can go to the isa. I may have to change the diary name to debt free wanna be vs mat leave to debt free wanna be vs child care as the first two months will cost around £700-£800 per month until DS is three and qualifies for his 30 hours.

Both mine and dp's credit scores are now good and continuing to rise and we have a decent car on the drive which won't cost us a fortune to fix every mot (hopefully)
    Must keep going we will get there one day x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in before a spendy outing. Circus this afternoon £24 for tickets then I've packed a drink and a treat for DS and my buy him a little light toy or something and a snack. Also need to pop for milk and bread.

Sold some for £25 that DP needs to drop off on Friday.

Kit day planned in for next week and I'll make a plan while I'm there for a couple more next month to top up my pay. Then it'll be back to part time pay. First few months child care if going to be a killer but then tell settle once DS1 qualifies for his 30 hours.

Been looking at getting a loan the help boost the deposit fund but I know that is silly! I just want it done sooner.

Feeling all meh about money. I want to buy a house now and it seeeeemssz to be taking sooooo long!!! Maybe I need to find time to read a few other diaries so I don't feel so bogged down.

Just keep swimming. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in.

I've spent a bit of money this week oops. £56 on clothes for the boys but there was a good offer on and I think that's us all set for summer and most of winter now and about the same on a new work bag and bras for me. I'm doing a kit day Wednesday so they were needed. Weather looks good here this week so will do lots of cheap outdoorsy bits with the boys.

DP gets paid Friday so I'll re jig accounts then x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,614 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Don't get a loan to boost the deposit. It makes no sense to pay interest on this and it will limit your mortgage as they take debt into account for affordability. Are your savings in help to buy isa?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Thanks I don't think we will. I'm just very impatient and it seems to be going slowly. Yes we are we have one each but my partner isn't a first time buyer so saving most in mine as we don't think he will qualify. Hoping I still will even though buying with him.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,614 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The savings will grow quicker once you are back at work and the debt is gone. This is what debt does unfortunately. Impacts on all areas of your life including future plans. You have done well to reduce debt and save whilst on maternity leave though.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure