Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    NBD (no baby day)ha ha!

Tooo DS to a nature reserve this morning for a walk and a play £2 parking. DP's pay day today so he spent some of his pocket money taking us for lunch after. He got a good pay day....the last one for a while with the pat pay and paternity leave. Aghhhhh!
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Aww Hannah. He will come when he is ready! (I think you said boy, apologies if wrong). Gets more likely all the time.

Hope you are ok. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Thanks PSL yep it's a little boy.

Still no sign he's about to make an appearance. Getting stressed as DP starts his new job two weeks tomorrow! If I have to have a section or baby needs to stay in hospital for any reason there won't be much time at home to help DS adjust to things. His work have said he can delay his start if needed but each week would mean spending about £500 from savings aghhh!!!

We went over to a little fete yesterday DP paid for bits and bobs. I then tried to nap and couldn't then got all upset so spent a good few hours in bed crying and generally being miserable. Ordered a dominos to cheer myself up £13 of next weeks pocket money used already oops.

Crappy nights sleep again....probably from the big dominos I scoffed oops. Feel like we need to get out the house today we've been in so much it's driving me mad just sitting around waiting!!! But going out means spendin money! I'll see what DP thinks when he wakes up. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh, how frustrating for you. I really feel for you. Going over really sucks. Do you have family nearby who will be able to help out if you need it?
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Yeah my mum has taken the week DP starts back at work off just so frustrating he's off now and nothing is happening.

Just so feed up and keep spending money everyday as sitting in the house waiting is driving me insane!! Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know it won't be the same but at least you'll have your mum to help. Have they given you an induction date yet? Dh should have at least a week at home with you after baby arrives here. It must be so frustrating that he's home now, though!

Dh went back to work last time after me being home only a week. The joys of being self employed and me having a baby at his busiest time of year! Luckily things should be different this year as he usually takes a fortnight off over Christmas anyway.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Decided on a walk in the woods followed by a quick supermarket shop for potatos and I'll cook a roast for dinner. If we did a proper day out I'd just be even more stressed about money. Glad I started this diary or I'd be spending a lot more right now I think!!

That's great timing such a magical time of year too it will be extra special.

I've a sweep tomorrow and will discuss induction at my appointment I'm guessing. Hoping she'll book me in earlier than 42 weeks. DS had to stay in a week with infection so if I go to 42 and that happens DP will be back at work as we're arriving home! Aghhh!

Off for a walk and some air. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in NSD also no baby day. Had a sweep this morning which went well now to just wait and see. I've been active all day so fingers crossed.

Walking dead as soon as DS is tucked up then it'll be an early night for us just incase. Finally finished my hospital bags. If baby does come on his own I'm booked for an induction Thursday so I at least have an end in sight now. Phew x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning, still no sign of baby.

Ordered DP a coat for Christmas. His current one is getting a bit old. Poor man doesn't really care about clothes but it's something for him to unwrap. It's gone on the account but I'll pay bits and bobs off when I don't spent my weekly pocket money.

He's up having a lie in as I couldn't sleep. Think when he's up I'll go do a top up food shop at Aldi so the house is all nice and stocked.

There is a childminder in walking distance from my house with spaces. It's £3.50 an hour I'm thinking once DP's pays has started coming in I'll put him in for one 9-1 session a week if she'all have that. It'll get him out and mixing with other kids. £54 a month which will basically be the extra child benefit we get for DS2. I will message her and see if this is something she would consider. I know some prefer longer sessions and more days. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Few spends to record.

Sisters Christmas presents sorted. I also found a pair of Ruby and Ed slippers for £12 in TK Max I used to buy these at £50 a pair (part of the reason I'm in debt no doubt)!! Queuing up to pay for them and my sisters present and DP took them off me and said I deserve a treat. I know it's all money from the some pot at the end of the day but still sweet of him to use his pocket money. £3.50 spent on birthday cards for my mum who's birthday is it Thursday (she will be here looking after DS while I'm induced bless her) I have her a couple of little gifts but if nothing happens tomorrow I will pop out and get flowers too so they are here for when she gets over Thursday morning.

Food shop in Aldi done. Picked up a linen toy basket for NDS's bedroom for £10 so went over budget a bit. Everywhere nice and stocked (again).

Heading up for an hour in the bath with my book now. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income