Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Evening,

Few spends today oops! My mum drove us to visit my sister so I paid for lunch £25 also spent £7 on parking. It was a rare day out with DS which was really nice.

Just seen Asda have a space man that you can upload songs and stories onto. It has good review on amazon and was only £15 so I've ordered it to go in DS's rocket tent. He'all love it.

X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

NSD yesterday. I was awake for three hours having contractions Saturday night but then they stopped. I had a friend pop over for a brew yesterday afternoon I went to put DS up for his nap and came down to a surpris baby shower set out. DS napped two and a half hours so I had a lovely One chatting with my friend. They spoilt the new baby with gifts.

Quiet day today I am popping round to my neighbours for a play date she has a nearly two year old and is just home from hospital with two week old twins. I get paid Friday. I have £47 in th bank and some money in my purse not sure how much hoping £20 I'm out for dinner for a friends birthday tomorrow evening. I'll need about £20£25 for food then I need to buy two birthday presents one for a friends birthday I didn't make it too a while back. I'll have to pop on the way to the restaurant I think and get them nice wine or choccys. I really don't fancy a full trip out with DS. No more plans this week until payday apart from trying to go into labour. I may buy a pineapple tomorrow at the supermarket. We're going to have to move £125 from the savings to cover rent coming out will get DP on this tonight as he has the savings in his ISA.

Best get up and start the day. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Hannah. Hope you are well. Keep thinking of you and wondering if things have got started! Don't do too much x
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think from next September the childcare funding for 3 and 4 year olds will increase from 15 hours a week to 30
  • sugarcube84
    Options
    Some areas are already getting 30hrs mine is one of them but my ds is in primary school, it would have been great for me!!https://www.gov.uk/government/news/thousands-of-parents-benefit-from-30-hours-free-childcare-early
    DFD September 2017
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Yeah I had hear about it being upped to 30 but tend to take everything I hear from the government with a punch of salt until it actually happens. 30 would be a great help.

I made it out for dinner last night after feeling awful all day. It was lovely to get out alone and have some me time. Last time for a while now I think. Presents and food spends I think I went £10 over what I had but my friends had spoilt me so much for the baby shower I didn't want to skrimp on gifts. I need to keep an eye out for nice present bargains that I see and buy before birthday like I do Christmas really.

Not much else to report. I had a 12 hour sleep last night (between toilet breaks) so a feeling refreshed and ready. Come on baby!! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe the nice, long sleep was your body resting and getting ready for labour. I'm so excited for you........and so frustrated that I've got another 2 months to go :rotfl:
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    It goes so slowly doesn't it....but then before we know it they'll be toddlers! Madness!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Ok so pay slip is already up. I've worked out I should be able to put £630 into savings. I know with DP starting the new job we have a gap to bridge so this may have to come back out but I'm hoping not. If I can keep ty savings above £2000 until his pay gets better I will be chuffed. That's my goal!!! I haven't taken tax credits into account with out bill payments this month as want to get DS needs a few winter bits and I'm sure something will crop up for the baby that I've not thought of. With DP being off we should be saving money on petrol etc. I just need to stay focused and not take my eye off money when baby arrives.

£4.89 spent on ordering some hangers for DS2's wardrobe. I have piles of clothes waiting to be hung up.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning, crappy nights sleep. Staying home again littering with bits and bobs. DP on a night but my mum is coming for dinner and b time so that'll break the day up a bit. Spent another £10 last night DS was up coughing and was sick so ordered another duvet and pillow as his had to go in the wash. I don't have a spare and it's gettImg too cold to just use a blanket. Hopefully NSD today.....but hoping I'll need to spend money on hospital parking!!! Ha ha x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts