Three upgrade - Iphone 6S

Options
Hi,

I want to upgrade my phone, I've been with three for 8 years 2 months and after smashing mine its time to change it!

They've offered me a iphone 6S 64GB with unlimited minutes and texts and 12 GB of data for £51. Is this good? I said I want to think about it and will come back to them. Do I try n get through to dis-connections and try and get a better deal? Or is this likely to be as good as it gets?

It doesn't seem like a bad deal but I can't seem to justify £51 on a mobile phone when I don't need unlimted calls and texts and the thing I use it for mainly is the internet. My wifi at home is squiffy at times so that's why I've always gone for unlimited internet. Any tips to squeeze a bit more out of them?

Comments

• ryan121
    ryan121 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That price seems fair as iphones are expensive and that's a lot of data included.

Do you actually need 12gb of data? Would the 16gb model not do? I'd recommend getting an android phone, you get a lot more for your money.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The iPhone 6S is quite an expensive phone, we went for the 64GB SE, which is a lot more pocket sized and very capable. 16GB storage is a bit limiting these days.

3 are not offering.much (anything?) over what you see on their web shop. On a renewal of 2 SIM only "One Plan" contracts we each got 2000 "free" 3 to 3 minutes, but even that is mentioned somewhere on their site...

It's worth doing the maths to see if buying a SIM free phone outright and going SIM only with the network is better for you. Avoid Car Phone Warehouse and Argos for "SIM free" iPhones as they network lock. John Lewis offer a 2 year warranty and going direct to Apple gives great EU wide warranty and support (especially good support when swapping to a new phone in an Apple Store).
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    You could also consider GiffGaff. Depending on your finances it's possible to purchase a phone (and they are unlocked to any network) pay an upfront cost and split the remaining payments from six to 24 months.

Depending on your usage it might be possible to shop around for a SIMO deal. AFAIK Three don't apply RPI to their SIMO tariffs.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I want to upgrade my phone, I've been with three for 8 years 2 months and after smashing mine its time to change it!

They've offered me a iphone 6S 64GB with unlimited minutes and texts and 12 GB of data for £51. Is this good? I said I want to think about it and will come back to them. Do I try n get through to dis-connections and try and get a better deal? Or is this likely to be as good as it gets?

It doesn't seem like a bad deal but I can't seem to justify £51 on a mobile phone when I don't need unlimted calls and texts and the thing I use it for mainly is the internet. My wifi at home is squiffy at times so that's why I've always gone for unlimited internet. Any tips to squeeze a bit more out of them?

That is £4 more expensive that a new customer.

A new customer pays £149 upfront and gets 6 months half price saving him £153 in line rental. You would pay £0 upfront and pay the full £51 from the start.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure